Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

ncefafn

These are so beautiful! Thank you for showing us these pictures.

I can't imagine what life would be like without a cat now, but these beauties....wow

Moongold,

My Celtic kitties -- Maeve, Kerry (short for Cerridwen), Dylan and Brigid -- wish you all the bright blessings that your surpreme intelligence and good taste bring. And I, with maternal pride, thank you for acknowledging their magnificence. They're my babies, and also the reason I'm up at 1:30 in the a.m., as Maeve kept tickling me with her whiskers whenever I was this close to falling asleep! Yet I love them still. :)

Kim

baba-prague

Queen of Cups

Honestly, I think I will have to stop posting here as this thread is becoming a bit of a monster, but our website is still not ready (ridiculous really as it's only ever so simple).

But for now, here she is. As this is always one of my favourite cards I'm glad it's turned out as it has - she has been through a LOT of versions.

I'm sorry about these endless copyright notices. I don't like them, but I just know that they are necessary for these images.

http://www.tarotofprague.com/cats/c_qcups_small.jpg

_________

Getting nervous. We are about to have kittens! Not planned, but fortunately there are already some potential homes - their mum, our Minnie, is a very sweet-natured and pretty tabby. Mind-you, we know nothing about the father!

ps - don't worry please about suggesting changes. I was only joking - in the end it's just good to get feedback - and I always put it to Alex tactfully (he can be a bit "Russian artist" if he wants to be!)

skytwig

Ahhhh, she IS the Queen of Cups!!! I love the Chalice!!!

How appropriate that Minnie is birthing kitties as you and Alex are birthing these jeweled cards!!!! (Sending her love and some Reiki light...... :) )

dolphinprincess

The Queen of Cups is one of my favorite cards.. She is beautiful... We are all drooling for this deck!!!!!!!

Le_Corsair

That one's a beauty, Karen!

Bob :THERM

baba-prague

This draws heavily from the museum here. The chalice, the "Queen" behind (actually from a very old Bohemian wine-glass - appropriately) and the fabric pattern we overlaid on to the skirt are all from the museum.

Al has now begun re-tweaking some of the earlier cards. With each one we finish we learn something.

Did I ever say he seriously tried to persuade me to tear up Tarot of Prague last Spring so we could start again? I love working with a perfectionist, but at times it terrifies me :)

________

Minne got pregnant (we think) during Tarot of Prague, but something happened - it may only have been a phantom pregnancy. This time it's for real. She is definitely going to upstage us! I think she's wanted kittens for some time, but this has to be her first and last litter I think. She is only tiny so more would not be good in any case.
I feel I should be pacing up and down smoking a cigarette - but I don't smoke...

skytwig

baba-prague said:
I feel I should be pacing up and down smoking a cigarette - but I don't smoke...
Awwww..... hugs..... when I was a young "hippie" (we called ourselves 'freaks') living in a 'freak house', we had tons of cats and, of course, being the nature 'freaks' that we were, we had none of them nuetered...... As a result, i ended up attending many, many births...... all the mommies came and got me, for some reason.

Karen...... she will know what to do..... it is imprinted on the inside of her skull.... :laugh:...... most of the mommies I helped were first time mommies and they just knew what to do, it was amazing!! But I understand the nerves..... I was a mess.... each cat was totally different, but very happy to have me there with them....

Minnie is helping with the deck project..... these babies will look delightful in the minors...... :)

baba-prague

We have read the appropriate chapter in a book - and watched a video a cat breeder sent us.

Honestly, it's probably more than I did for my own anti-natal preparation.

She is spending hours washing our other cat - so she is already practising I think.

Yes - Alex is happily working out if there are cards we can put the kittens in - Six of Cups?

skytwig

It would be funny if you could have them climbing in and out of cups..... and maybe climbing up wands...... old Baroque wands, of course....... :)

lunakasha

baba-prague said:
Yes - Alex is happily working out if there are cards we can put the kittens in - Six of Cups?

YES!!! You could put a kitten in each of the cups, so we can see their little faces peeking out!

The Queen of Cups is sooooo beautiful Karen! She just radiates so much warmth and grace........another masterpiece!!!! She has now replaced the King of Swords on my desktop (and I also have the Moon on my other computer :)) Keep 'em coming!!!!

:) Luna