The Little Window Tarot

Alta

I like the seriousness of the Temperance angel's face. To me there is an essence of the reading approach to that card in the face.

In all of the cards, therer feels to be a great thoughtfulness and understanding. I find I appreciate this deck more and more as the cards' effects are cumulative.

spoonbender

Awesome work, MrsOnePotato. I love the woman's intense expression.

I'm curious to see the replacement Empress, though I really like the current one.

Keep up the good work!!

Spoon

Honda Civic

oh wow, these are pretty cool. I'm sure about twenty people have said this already, but i like the expressions a lot. And the colors. Don't stop!

"WATCH THIS THREAD" ****click****

MrsOnePotato

Thanks everyone! I'm pleased that the facial expressions are looking okay to people...this has been one of the most challenging aspects of drawing the cards, particularly at the small size I am working. The faces are not much bigger than the diameter of the oil pastels I am using!

spoonbender said:
I'm curious to see the replacement Empress, though I really like the current one.
Hi spoonbender...I think you'll be happy with the new card. It is not a lot different, just has a few less fussy details. I'll post them side-by-side when the new one is done. Here is a photo of me working on the new Empress, using the old one as reference:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/little_window/working.jpg

HoneyBea

Thats a great picture Mrs. OnePotato, it looks to me like you are working to the same size as I do, an 8th of a sheet, am I right? Although it looks like you are working within the quarter sheet, where as I divide mine up into 8ths and then tape off.

HoneyBea

MrsOnePotato

HoneyBea said:
Thats a great picture Mrs. OnePotato, it looks to me like you are working to the same size as I do, an 8th of a sheet, am I right? Although it looks like you are working within the quarter sheet, where as I divide mine up into 8ths and then tape off.

HoneyBea

Hi HoneyBea,
I just measured the paper I am working on...it is 10" x 15", and includes a large border around the image. This is an odd size...I'm actually using a large stack of trimmings from 30x40 sheets of Arches 88 that OnePotato saved from being discarded back in college (someone was doing an edition of silkscreens and trimmed the paper to be square). So I had this great quality paper available to me in a large quantity...no need to buy expensive paper plus it's a nice portable size. The only supplies I've needed to buy are the oil pastels, and those can be a little pricey.

Now I'm inspired to get a little work done tonight...maybe after Project Runway...
:) MrsOnePotato

MrsOnePotato

New Empress card

I've finished the "new, improved" Empress card...here is a side-by-side comparison. The new one is on the right...I simplified the layout by eliminating a lot of extraneous details, I slimmed down her football player shoulders, and I simplified the green tapestry behind her:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/little_window/empress_comparison.jpg

I'd be interested to hear what people think of the changes.
I've updated my website as well:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/little_window/index.html

:) MrsOnePotato

HoneyBea

I really like the changes, the whole card looks more "alive" than the first one, getting rid of those details helps the eye now focus on the Empress herself, and her facial expression is more in tune with what I see the Empress as. I like that you show her more obviously pregnant this time - this rendition is an Empress Card that I could relate to.

Well done!

~HoneyBea~

Tomsde

I just discovered this thread and must say that I am very impressed by your deck so far. I wish I were better at working with traditional art media. I would definitely buy your deck when it becomes avaialbe for sale. I'm very interested to see what you do with the minors.

MrsOnePotato

Tomsde said:
I just discovered this thread and must say that I am very impressed by your deck so far. I wish I were better at working with traditional art media. I would definitely buy your deck when it becomes avaialbe for sale. I'm very interested to see what you do with the minors.

Thanks Tomsde!
I haven't had a chance to work on this for a few weeks...must get back to it. I'm only creating the majors though...no minors. And there is a light at the end of the tunnel finally...I only have a few more to go!