Harry Potter: Who had what deck?

Luna's Crone

watched the first dvd (sorcerers stone) and did not detect and tarots. Tomorrow will be the number two dvd. can't wait.

Dee Ell

Fat chance. :)

Though I have accumulated more copies of the BBCs than I care to admit, so I should probably unload at least one...

Nah. Too straight. I think Umbridge is a Doreen Virtue gal all the way. Nothing negative or scary, and loads of pink.

I hate you, I hate you, i HATE you! Just when my wish list was almost perfectly empty, you had to up and post this. I'm so enabled now, it's not even funny.

Mwahahaha 😈 and it looks like I've indirectly enabled a couple of people over in the pros/cons thread as well due to this thread 😂

Wait, so are you saying there's something negative or scary in Tarot of the White Cats?? I've never seen the whole deck so I'd love to see what, exactly. (I'm in the middle of a full HP re-read btw and Umbridge recently got dragged away by the centaurs)

Yehhs, Yehhhs... You are feeling the need to unload one of your BBCs to me from your vast collection... Yehhhhhhs 😉 (how many decks are you up to now?)

Dee Ell

watched the first dvd (sorcerers stone) and did not detect and tarots. Tomorrow will be the number two dvd. can't wait.

Well they don't take Divination their first year so there wouldn't be any reason for them to show up in the first movie... Have fun with your movie marathon!

FLizarraga

Mwahahaha �� and it looks like I've indirectly enabled a couple of people over in the pros/cons thread as well due to this thread ��

Yes, you have, you evil person, you!

Wait, so are you saying there's something negative or scary in Tarot of the White Cats?? I've never seen the whole deck so I'd love to see what, exactly. (I'm in the middle of a full HP re-read btw and Umbridge recently got dragged away by the centaurs)

Oh, no, it's straight RWS stuff, but, you know, that's considered not "sweet and safe" enough by DV. or haven't you watched this gem? Or this one? (By the way, two of the scariest videos I have EVER seen.)

Ahhh, Umbridge dragged away by the centaurs. What a truly satisfying moment.

Yehhs, Yehhhs... You are feeling the need to unload one of your BBCs to me from your vast collection... Yehhhhhhs �� (how many decks are you up to now?)

Eventually. })

Oh, despite efforts to cull my so-called collection, I have already passed the 200 mark. (That's Tarot decks alone, and not counting that I have several copies of some decks because... well, because. :bugeyed:)

Dee Ell

Oh, no, it's straight RWS stuff, but, you know, that's considered not "sweet and safe" enough by DV. or haven't you watched this gem? Or this one? (By the way, two of the scariest videos I have EVER seen.)

Ahhh, Umbridge dragged away by the centaurs. What a truly satisfying moment.

😵https://ifunny.co/fun/dhzO7oeB3?gallery=tag&query=BLEACH

Yes, almost as satisfying as Ramsey's... um, last supper... on GoT (I felt totally cheated with Joffrey - he died too quickly and still feeling superior without any knowledge of his disgusting parentage.)

And if there's a deck in my tiny collection that would help speed you along to parting with a BBC let me know😁 I need more laughter in my life right now and I'm at the part of Book 5 where they're being chased in the Ministry so I'm not going to be laughing anytime soon 😢(where are Fred and George when you need them?!)

(speaking of laughter, I remember seeing one of your comments about having Nosferatu hands in another thread and I died laughing💀 )

Bookwight

Omg, I forgot about this thread and now it’s back (as am I, champion lurker who reads but rarely posts :bugeyed:), and I agree with Flizarraga, it’s the BOMB. Loving so hard on so many of these suggestions. :D :love:

I’ve re-read feverishly, and kinda lost track of who said what now, but, to reply anyway…

I love the idea of Dumbledore having all the historical decks. I think he’d have a few surprising choices too, like the Gummi Bear Tarot and the Wizard Pets. And love the thought of him co-authoring the Mibramig!

I love the thought of Luna with the Shadowscapes, and the Chrysalis, and the Moon Garden… So many awesome suggestions.

And I think Luna’s father would have something like the Merlin, which (according to him) doesn’t “change” the order of the trumps, it reveals their “true” order!

Snape with a Thoth is so perfect. And he’d be annoyed every time Hermione proved in class that she knew more about it than Malfoy did. (“Ten points from Gryffindor for showing off, Miss Granger.”)

As for McGonagall, I like the thought of her with cat decks, but I get the feeling she’d also be an expert in reading Marseilles decks, and would own the earliest complete deck — earlier than any Muggle has even heard of! Only two copies exist, and Dumbledore has the other one, of course.

Hermione being expert at RWS and Thoth, lol, yes. And she’d have a Marseilles too, and would read every definitive book about that too. Gotta cover all three main schools!

Hagrid with the Decameron?? Lol! Hagrid you naughty boy, you. And I think he might also have the Fantastical Creatures Tarot.

As for Umbridge having cat decks, I’m not sure any of them are saccharine enough —unless (as someone else suggested) Doreen Virtue has made one, hur hur. }) I stand by my original suggestion that she would own DV’s decks, because DV likes to bowdlerise the tarot and that’s what Umbridge does when teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts. I don’t see her so much as a stickler for rules as a censor at heart.

But if she does have cat decks, you just know she’ll edge them with pink, and add bows and frills on every cat. *shudder*

(Speaking of shuddering, I tried to watch those two videos you linked, FLizarraga. Could. Not. Watch. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! Creepiest thing ever. Had to stop after about twenty seconds. Still shuddering.)

(Shudder shudder.)

(Shudder.)

Someone suggested the wizarding world would have its own decks? OMG YES! It has its own books, so why not its own decks? Of course there has to be a Quidditch Tarot! Owned by Oliver Wood and Katie Bell, among others. And that’s the deck poor Ron wishes he could have instead of his old hand-me-down deck.

Which also means…Molly Weasley would own Gilderoy Lockhart’s “Gilded Harts” deck, which features his handsome visage and big shiny smile on nearly every card. Signed copy, of course. (She stood in a queue for three hours at Flourish and Blotts.)

Yes to Bellatrix with the Ludy Lescot and the Vampyres, and I can also see Snape sneering at her for using something that’s Thoth-based (the Vampyres) instead of the actual Thoth.

But I think Shade may have nailed it, saying she skips cards and reads with entrails. LMAO!

Love the choices for Moaning Myrtle. Her copy of the Ghosts and Spirits, though, is soaked with her ghostly tears, because she’s hurt by not being depicted in it.

Two more ideas of my own…

Tonks might have the Shapeshifter Tarot.

Mad-Eye Moody would have all the dark decks that Death Eaters would have, because you must know your enemies. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

Redfaery

I think we have a winner.

*hands Bookwight a Triwizard Trophy*

Dee Ell

Omg, I forgot about this thread and now it’s back (as am I, champion lurker who reads but rarely posts :bugeyed:), and I agree with Flizarraga, it’s the BOMB. Loving so hard on so many of these suggestions. :D :love:

I love the idea of Dumbledore having all the historical decks. I think he’d have a few surprising choices too, like the Gummi Bear Tarot and the Wizard Pets. And love the thought of him co-authoring the Mibramig!

As for Umbridge having cat decks, I’m not sure any of them are saccharine enough —unless (as someone else suggested) Doreen Virtue has made one, hur hur. }) I stand by my original suggestion that she would own DV’s decks, because DV likes to bowdlerise the tarot and that’s what Umbridge does when teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts. I don’t see her so much as a stickler for rules as a censor at heart.

Which also means…Molly Weasley would own Gilderoy Lockhart’s “Gilded Harts” deck, which features his handsome visage and big shiny smile on nearly every card. Signed copy, of course. (She stood in a queue for three hours at Flourish and Blotts.)

Mad-Eye Moody would have all the dark decks that Death Eaters would have, because you must know your enemies. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

Yes to all of this! (I'm the one who revived this thread as it's just too fabulous and I'm in the middle of a full re-read right now 😊 )

DV doesn't have a KITTEN deck (yet) but this (with its appropriation of old, cheesy (cheap, public domain) greeting card art is THE deck Umbridge would have: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/guardian-angel-tarot-cards (your mention of pink bows reminded me of its existence 😲 )

Bookwight

I think we have a winner.

*hands Bookwight a Triwizard Trophy*

*blushing* Why thank you. A round of butterbeers for everyone! :D

Yes to all of this! (I'm the one who revived this thread as it's just too fabulous and I'm in the middle of a full re-read right now �� )

DV doesn't have a KITTEN deck (yet) but this (with its appropriation of old, cheesy (cheap, public domain) greeting card art is THE deck Umbridge would have: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/guardian-angel-tarot-cards (your mention of pink bows reminded me of its existence �� )

Whoa, yes. Very pink, very Umbridge-y. :bugeyed:

Enjoy the re-read! I'm sooooo tempted to do the same thing right now. It's July, and I've re-read those books in July…er…don't want to admit how many times. :p

Holly doll

Yes to all of this! (I'm the one who revived this thread as it's just too fabulous and I'm in the middle of a full re-read right now �� )

DV doesn't have a KITTEN deck (yet) but this (with its appropriation of old, cheesy (cheap, public domain) greeting card art is THE deck Umbridge would have: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/guardian-angel-tarot-cards (your mention of pink bows reminded me of its existence �� )

AHHHHH!!!! MY WORST WAKING NIGHTMARE!!!!! A DV "Cats' n' Kittens Guardian Faery Oracle Angel With Pink Fluffy Bows & Wings Complete With Candy Floss" deck!!!!! :confused: :bugeyed: :eek: