Gorey Fantod deck!

WolfSpirit

Did anyone from outside US manage to order through the site that Chronata mentioned ?
I had to wait until they emailed me the shipping costs but they never did. Then I tried to email them but my emails kept bouncing back. So I ordered it from another site, but they have those huge shipping costs. I really wanted a tote bag with the fat cat and the books, because that is just so fitting for me, and at that price I ordered the Fantod as well and can't wait to get it and have fun with it :)

thorhammer

Oh, WolfSpirit, yeah, I did! I'm sorry you missed out - it was so cheap! If you've gone ahead and ordered your stuff then I guess the horse has bolted and it's too late to shut the barn door, but if not, PM me and I can somehow get you the info I got.

\m/ Kat

WolfSpirit

I checked my order, I cannot change it anymore so that's it. I found a few other cool items I wanted to make the shipping costs worthwhile (that's not really economising, I know :rolleyes: )
But thanks anyway !

RubyV

A friend of mine sent these to me as a gift from TN to me a few weeks a go, and I love them. They have such a great sense of humor.

I love those alternative meanings!

thorhammer

There's one of these on eBay for US$62.50!!! Insanity! Is it still available on the website? I got mine for $10 . . . but then I am still waiting . . . :( And waiting. . .

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

It's here! I was so excited and I still am . . . but, but . . .

It's rather . . . unsettling, isn't it? :laugh: Kind of makes me jumpy in a way. And it has the most hideous chemical/ashtray smell! It's worse than my Hanson-Roberts was!

But the cardstock is incredible - so thick and luxurious! And the book is just beautiful, so whimsical and funny. I'll be defacing the cards, though - rounding the corners, that is. And I hope I use it enough to wear a bit of that varnish off, as it's a bit on the thick, sticky side, isn't it? The box is wonderful. I didn't expect anything so well made or sturdy for a total of US$18.65! I wish I'd got six!

My favourite is The Yellow Bird. It's just so unlikely - yellow! I know there's a Blue Dog, too, but the bird card is just to quirky and full of motion, kind of like a wacky 8-Wands! I'll be getting some Post-Its to write bodhran's meanings on each page of the booklet.

I used it for one of the Oracle One Card questions "What is holding this up?" and got The Child - among other suggested meanings, "An obstacle". One could hardly accuse it of being inaccurate - abstruse, perhaps, obtuse, definitely, but it's certainly accurate :laugh:!

\m/ Kat

WolfSpirit

I got mine too :)
I love the box too - wish all decks came with a box like that ! I have not seen much more of it :laugh: just went over the cards briefly as I got it at the same time as the Bohemian Gothic Tarot - so I'm afraid the poor Fantod will have to wait. I know I will love it - it definitely has a mind of its own.

BodhiSeed

thorhammer said:
But the cardstock is incredible - so thick and luxurious! And the book is just beautiful, so whimsical and funny. I'll be defacing the cards, though - rounding the corners, that is. And I hope I use it enough to wear a bit of that varnish off, as it's a bit on the thick, sticky side, isn't it? The box is wonderful. I didn't expect anything so well made or sturdy for a total of US$18.65!

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the cards and the box they come in too. I got my corner rounder out and trimmed off the sharp corners the day they arrived! :D

Bodhran

Debra

I see the sickening smell and frighteningly sharp corners as perfect complements to the hideous moanings...er, meanings...and the nightmarish illustrations....it's all of a piece, really.

In seriousness, this deck really scared the bejeezus out of me from Day One, when I had a friend draw a card which she related to in all respects, including the fact that it listed "alopecia" and indeed she is visibly balding--the only balding woman I know, in fact. Things went from Bad to Worse on Halloween night when I did a series of spot-on one-card readings. For example--the neighbor going blind from several eye diseases drew the card predicting "loss of one of the senses."

Perhaps it WOULD be better to trim off those dangerous corners. *sigh*

thorhammer

The other day my best mate came around. She was looking at my new decks, as she does, and upon seeing the Fantod pack, she said the funniest thing - "Well," (she said), "if you're considering suicide and wondering if today's omens are favourable, I reckon this is your deck!"

I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Debra, I have to agree with you. Before I even posted about the smell and whatnot, I thought the same things. But I don't think I'll read with this deck, cute and awesome as it is. It's just too . . . un-Tarotish. I think I'll be a Tarot girl for evermore :)

\m/ Kat