Can someone identify this deck?

Michellehihi

I have this deck of playing cards for many years and I have no idea where I got it, what exactly is this deck. All the cards figure US actors or actresses from the first half of the twentieth century. Thank you for any clue!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 184

zannamarie

lol. I was just about to post the same link. :)

Michellehihi

You are so good! How did you do it?
For how much do you think I could sell them?

zannamarie

I found some other references which indicate "Maple Leaf Gum" cards or Dutch Gum cards (because they were printed in Holland).

If you check on eBay, you'll see people posting cards for sale individually. I don't know if they do that to get more money or because they don't have a full deck.

Michellehihi

Now wait a minute. Am I dreaming? I just made a search in ebay and they have ONE card, one single card for sale at $150. And I have the whole deck..... Ok I am ready to sell it.

firecatpickles

Cha-ching! Time for you to open an eBay account!

Congratulations!

zannamarie

Check out the last post on this link. That might be a web site to peruse to help you identify if there is an audience/market for them. Just because someone is posting them for sale at that price doesn't mean anyone is buying at that price. ;)

Edited to add: The person on the card may be what's commanding the high price on the one you saw. I saw many others which are posted for sale for only about $20. (although that is still a lot for one card).

Michellehihi

Check out the last post on this link. That might be a web site to peruse to help you identify if there is an audience/market for them. Just because someone is posting them for sale at that price doesn't mean anyone is buying at that price. ;)

Thank you! And I noticed that the only card that was this expensive was Marilyn Monroe, the other ones were less than $10 each.

Michellehihi

I saw on your link that this deck was for sale for $200 in 2008