Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Carla

Housewives. It's hard to shuffle and I find the deck has a caustic attitude that I thought at first would be quirky and funny, but is really just sharp and sarcastic. I'd love to trade that one away.

Legacy of the Divine. It's popular, but it's just not me. I find it cold and ... what's the word. Non-organic?

Lisa Hunt Fairy Tale. It's too much work, a fairy tale per card. If they were all fairly tales I know, it would be easier, but the world fairy tales require too much study. Plus, to be honest, I'm not that crazy about the watercolour artwork.

Oh well, live and learn.

Muir Aingeal

I couldn't even begin to count all of the decks that I wish I wouldn't have purchased. Luckily, I've already sold most of those.

teomat

For me...

Convos Marseilles Tarot - Too big, a horrid back design and horribly squashed images.
LS Ancient Tarot de Marseille - Too flourescent.
LS Tarot of Marseille (Mini) - The multi-language titles kill it. Shouldn't be allowed on a TdM.
LS Tarot of Pirates - Cheesy. Too many boobs popping out at every opportunity to be taken seriously as a reading deck.
Sheridan-Douglas Tarot - Thought it would be a great retro deck. But it's just sooo plain and boring.
Stella's Tarot - Empty, soul-less and all the people look the same and lack any warmth or expression.

I will sell them on at some point...

Hemera

teomat said:
Stella's Tarot - Empty, soul-less and all the people look the same and lack any warmth or expression.
Oh yes :thumbsup:

And for me:

Shadowscapes and Paulina -hype,hype..watery colors, all cards look the same

Lisa Hunt decks -all the faces look odd, colors watery, and like someone said above about the Fairy Tale cards, the stories behind the cards are just too long. That goes to the Fantactical Creatures as well.

firefrost

I'm another who spent £'s and £'s on decks to discover (finally admit to myself) that they just weren't for me.

All said decks are now happily languishing in their new homes, while I personally am happily languishing with my chosen few.

Good all round result, really. Now I rarely buy any decks.

nisaba

Golden Moon said:
Like evelon, who made the thread "Decks You Wish You Hadn't Sold?", I decided to open this one and see what people have to say:D.
<gasp>

Is such a thing even possible?

nisaba

emmsma said:
Deviant Moon. I found it ugly and creepy. Had to force myself to look through the whole deck. :p
I thought so too at first, notwithwstanding that due to great publicity it was the best seller of the year. Put it away, disappointed. But then I gave it to the EMO daughter of a dear friend of mine who adores it and is learning from it, and I no longer regret a single cent of it!

I don't think that, in the longer term, there will ever be a deck I regret buying - occasionally I might just be a stepping-stone to their final home.

daphne

The pocket Universal RW - disspointed by the colors and the mini Renaissance which tells me completely different story then I`m used to

Le Fanu

Im sure there's a thread about this somewhere...

The worst sin was a deck I shalln't even give the name of as I don't want to give unwarranted publicity. But within half an hour it was in trading and within a couple of hours had gone.

I briskly washed my hands and shuddered.

(Oh Greg how could you say that about LoS? haven't you tried at least the Ancient Italian?)

firefrost

Le Fanu said:
The worst sin was a deck I shalln't even give the name of as I don't want to give unwarranted publicity. But within half an hour it was in trading and within a couple of hours had gone.

I briskly washed my hands and shuddered.

Wasn't something to do with a deck from me, was it...? ;)