The Wild Unknown Tarot - X Wands

Sulis

This is one of those cards that looks very dark and has no colour on it at all.
On a background of darkness, which fades towards a lighter centre are 10 sticks, twigs or wands, which look as if they have been randomly scattered.

I'm immediately drawn to the lighter area in the centre of the card and it's almost as if I have to go through this tangle of undergrowth to get to that lighter centre.

Tens are about change; moving from one phase to the next but still keeping what has gone before... Related to The Wheel of Fortune where the outer rim spins but the hub remains relatively stable...
Wands correspond to the element of Fire and so are about action, transformation, energy and heat..

To me, this card says that even though you may have a lot on your plate right now, change is in sight but you're going to have to battle for a little while longer. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though (that central, lighter patch in the darkness).
This card also makes me think of that saying that you can't see the wood for the trees - often when you're feeling a bit overwhelmed, you don't see the way out or the answer that you're looking for but it's there and you may have to rearrange some of the things you have to do (the sticks) and do a bit of arranging your priorities to make the way forward that bit easier..

I really like this card.

lark

Reminds me of getting caught in the tangled underbrush.
How you get grass tangled around your ankles and the branches poke and scratch you.
How fast you can get tired battling that kind of terrain.
The further you walk into it the further you have to walk back out.
Like you said Sulis...you see that faint brightness up ahead..it gives you hope, keeps you moving.
The relief when you finaly break free from it and see an open field or the road again and walking is easier.

Sulis

Yes, tangle is a good way to describe it and that's exactly what happens when we seem to have too much to do - we get all tangled up and can't see the way out, overwhelmed and it needs a step back and a re-evaluation of what needs to be a priority...

Thoughtful

l agree with you Sulis it does put me in mind of "you can't see the wood for the trees". There can be so much going on in ones life that we get into a space of not knowing where to turn next. That glimmer of light shows there is light at the end of the tunnel and we possibly need to use all our energies to keep going.

danieljuk

This card came up for me today in a difficult personal reading and it definitely always says to me what thoughtful posted about "can't see the wood for the trees". In the interpretation for this card by Kim, she talks about mental and physical burdens have been weighing on your spirit and in time this can lead to hopelessness and depression.

Sometimes we get into a situation where we can't move ahead, all those branches are in the way! So what are the options now?

- walk away and give up?
- accept you simply cannot get through that path ahead and change plans?
- I think the solution offered by this card is there is light on the other side but it's blocked currently, you might not be able to see the way through currently but that doesn't mean you won't find a way in future. I think what's offered by this card is hope but you have to have faith you will get through it.

It's interesting I think that the branches are not spiky or jagged, like rose thorns. Nor is it a brick wall or the huge looming mountains of the eight of cups, there is a hope and faith there. It's not going to be easy though, it's a difficult journey ahead but there is a way :)