Is there a perfect pagan deck ?

deb13b

I've been looking for a pagan deck for years and just haven't found "the one".

When the druidcraft came out I was smitten, it was the first deck I really connected to. But for the last couple of years it just seems to have stopped working for me. I've REALLY been trying to get into the wildwood deck but even tho I love some of the cards, some of them put me right off the deck. I've researched all the ones on the aeclectic list, trawled the Internet.

I just want to find the one ! Yes, I know everyone on here is always looking for their perfect deck too !

Is there something I might have missed, can anyone help ?

Freddie

Hi,

I am not a Pagan but I do quite like and use:

Tarot of the Old Path

Robin Wood

Freddie

Thoughtful

Pagan Tarot by Gina Pace, a really good wiccan deck
Tarot of the Pagan Cats
Robin Wood

l had the same happen to me with the DruidCraft, it worked really well then went dead on me. Decks need to be put aside for awhile then you find you can work with it again. Having several decks that we can rotate solves the problem and gives us reason to buy :p

Le Fanu

l had the same happen to me with the DruidCraft, it worked really well then went dead on me. Decks need to be put aside for awhile then you find you can work with it again.
I also think that Paganism - moreso than other themes - has undergone so many transformations that the theme doesn't always age well. Paganism from the mid-90s is one thing. Paganism now is quite another, which is odd as you'd think it was something timeless. Yet I do feel it is a theme that dates in different ways. The Tarot of the Old Path - which has already been suggested - seems like a good suggestion and dates I think from the 80s so it obviously has something that keeps it popular. But isn't that Wicca and is Wicca different? Maybe I should know that but anyway...

I think the Majors are Pagan (Wiccan?) but the Minors don't feel Pagan at all. Just funny medieval folk with odd faces and pointy shoes :D

But when I look at Pagan decks I see something that links it to a decade. Like very 90s. It's odd, as I don't get that so much with other themes. Only vampires perhaps - you get pre and post-Twilight decks.

I find it hard to think of a Pagan deck that feels authentic. But then I'm not a Pagan so I'm the wrong person to ask...

Briar Rose

It's hard to say you want the perfect deck, meaning 'the one' because here is 78 cards in a tarot deck that have to meet perfection if you are making your standard that high.

If you click on the word cards above, and look to the left, there is a list of themes and pagan/wicca is one of them. Also, type in pagan decks and see what comes up on the decks thread in the forum.

I never tried the Wildwood and if you don't want it someday, I'll buy it from you. Please save my name and consider it.

I work with the Gina Pace, Pagan tarot and it works excellent for me. Let me know what is going on, and if there is something I missed.

I am going to start working with Sacred Circle again. I miss the English country side so much, and felt great spritual vibrations when I lived there.

I saw you have the Druid Animals oracle. I had it, miss it. Any earthy deck will work if you are wanting to attune your vibrations and work with energy, including Animal tarot decks. I have the GreenManOarcle and I love it. I also got a book on healing/communicating with trees.

What exactly are you looking for in a pagan deck? That would be the key.

Lil Red

The only pagan decks that comes to mind are the Pagan Tarot by Gina Pace and the Book of Shadows: As Above & As Below Tarot

BodhiSeed

I'm not sure if there's any perfect deck, but you might have a look at the Wild Unknown.

Milfoil

I guess it would depend on how you define 'Pagan'. For me, the Greenwood and the Ironwing (both out of print now) come closest but neither is perfect simply because they both come from different angles.

nisaba

I've been looking for a pagan deck for years and just haven't found "the one".

When the druidcraft came out I was smitten, it was the first deck I really connected to. But for the last couple of years it just seems to have stopped working for me.

I'm sorry you're struggling with the Wildwood - I was about to recommend it. A thought: I do not have a single deck - even those I love wildly - where there are not serious problems with one or more cards. As you do with well-loved friends, you simply forgive the deck for being an Imperfect Human <grin>.

The Arthurian is pretty pleasing from a Pagan perspective. If you like a deck with a contemporary feel, the Pagan Tarot works well. I also like the Courtney Davis Celtic, and the Celtic Fairies, which are less fairies and more Pagan spirits.