Surprise!

1Eleven

The other day I did a reading and put down 2 extra 'surprise' cards. The overall reading was positive but the surprise was Cross+Birds. I immediately thought, Ok, there's going to be a not so pleasant phone call over the next day or two.

That night came and went with no news so I decided to clarify the Cross+Birds. I did a mini 3 card pyramid and ended up with Fish over Storks+House. Ok, so the call will suck (Cross+Birds) and will deal with finances but will end up a positive. When I looked at the Storks+House I thought about furniture we had just ordered last weekend (Home improvement) and wondered why they haven't scheduled delivery, yet.

I went about the day and within 2 hours received a phone call - our order and a few others in their system had been cancelled due to a computer error. My wife wasn't too happy about this, at all, since our delivery date is now pushing towards the holidays. She was also concerned about getting double billed since our payments already processed - he needed our payment info again. After I discussed all of our concerns he mentioned they would be knocking $100 off of our order since it was their error. The deal we got initially was already fantastic so another $100 was cool with me.

What's also interesting about this is I did the initial reading+surprise on my phone's Lenormand app. I clarified the next day with a real deck. It's always nice to see that it doesn't really matter what tool you use to get to the same end result.

Padma

Interesting story, relating to the cards very well!

1Eleven, I have the Dondorf app from Fool's Dog, and I find it works very sharply and clearly! Sometimes I seem even more able to pick up the message from the app, for some weird reason...perhaps because there is a cold feeling to it, to me, which allows for more objectivity? :confused:

But I still like my paper cards too. And I also think it quite amazing how well the tools work, regardless of which tool the form takes! It's like speaking on a phone - it does not matter what the phone looks like, all phones relay your voice, and receive the voice on the other end of the line ;)

I am sorry about your furniture woes, and I hope it comes right even faster than they said!

1Eleven

Interesting story, relating to the cards very well!

1Eleven, I have the Dondorf app from Fool's Dog, and I find it works very sharply and clearly! Sometimes I seem even more able to pick up the message from the app, for some weird reason...perhaps because there is a cold feeling to it, to me, which allows for more objectivity? :confused:

But I still like my paper cards too. And I also think it quite amazing how well the tools work, regardless of which tool the form takes! It's like speaking on a phone - it does not matter what the phone looks like, all phones relay your voice, and receive the voice on the other end of the line ;)

I am sorry about your furniture woes, and I hope it comes right even faster than they said!

Hi Padma - always a pleasure to read your insights.

Yes, I like the phone analogy - except for those who have a sh!tty connection ;)

That's the app I used. I think in your example it points directly to the essence of the cards - you're not letting the cards themselves get in the way of the message. It's rather 'flat' so you can connect a bit clearer with less distractions. Could you see the physical cards the same way? What's true is this, the connection is there regardless of the tool... we just need to get out of the way and clear the lines.

Padma

Well, the phone analogy still holds true, even with a crap connection! Because sometimes I have problems hearing what the speaker is trying to tell me! :laugh:

My theory on the phone app is that somehow, we all tap into the internet in some way - it is like a "hive mind" thing to me - and so maybe we are more on the same wavelength...?

Maybe that is why that "phone" sounds quite clear! ;) I agree with you in regard to the flat and non-distracted app cards...sharp and to the point. Maybe our paper cards pick up more of our emotion, somehow? And the app does not, because we aren't handling them physically? :confused:

1Eleven

Maybe our paper cards pick up more of our emotion, somehow? And the app does not, because we aren't handling them physically? :confused:

Nope - it can only work one way, from the inside. Feelings/emotions come from our thinking. So, if you're noticing more emotion with paper cards it's because your thoughts are getting in the way.

Padma

Huh! That is an interesting thought! I think you are right. I do notice that when I use the cards, I shuffle for longer than when I use the app - so I think and emote more about the question. When I use the app, I just cut and draw, with only a brief question.

I will take your method of clarifying with the paper cards, try to stay clearer and quicker in my mind/question, and see what happens! I am glad you posted your experience, 1Eleven. :)