When to Reshuffle?

Barleywine

I am not so sure I understand... So for example, if the woman card is at the very last column, then continue reading the GT as is... Okay....

So the closest cards to the left of the woman card is what's going to happen in the near future while the one furthest is going to happen in the distant future?

As I understand it (and Andy Boroveshengra's book Lenormand: Thirty Six Cards - and his previous posts here as andybc - describe it very elegantly as the "near/far" method), cards that are near the Significator have greater immediacy and effectiveness in the life of the querent, while those farther away are less functionally potent. Past-present-future don't really enter into it in the classic sense; it's more a real-time "snapshot," a case of "being" in the here-and-now than one of potential "becoming." These insights can then be taken forward into the future in a useful way by the querent. (Or so it seems to me.) Hopefully, Andy will weigh in on this.

1Eleven

This is all covered extensively in Andy's book. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, everything you need is there.

Kurenai

I actually have Andy's book, but have not gotten to the GT part yet. The fact that the book is in kindle format doesn't help much either....

I will have to take a look at it extensively.

elle_muse

This is all covered extensively in Andy's book. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, everything you need is there.

This comment comes off as rude and unnecessary. I'm not just asking for myself; I'm sure other have or will have the same question and don't have access to the book.

Others have taken their time to reply and offered advice I did know yet come across, and I went through the helpful thread section, and even did a search.

elle_muse

As I understand it (and Andy Boroveshengra's book Lenormand: Thirty Six Cards - and his previous posts here as andybc - describe it very elegantly as the "near/far" method), cards that are near the Significator have greater immediacy and effectiveness in the life of the querent, while those farther away are less functionally potent. Past-present-future don't really enter into it in the classic sense; it's more a real-time "snapshot," a case of "being" in the here-and-now than one of potential "becoming." These insights can then be taken forward into the future in a useful way by the querent. (Or so it seems to me.) Hopefully, Andy will weigh in on this.

Thank you very much! I never considered reading that way. It's great that there are so many ways to read a GT. I guess it's a matter of picking the one that intuitively speaks to you.

A few reshuffle, others do, but in the end, the original way the cards appeared have a story to tell, even if it's the one you didn't expect.

1Eleven

This comment comes off as rude and unnecessary. I'm not just asking for myself; I'm sure other have or will have the same question and don't have access to the book.

Others have taken their time to reply and offered advice I did know yet come across, and I went through the helpful thread section, and even did a search.

You'll see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. Sorry you see it that way.

Padma

Hopefully, Andy will weigh in on this.

Sadly, he is no longer a member of this community. :(

Oh yes, haha, nearly forgot about your question - no matter how the Lady card falls, I read my GT anyways. If she is a weird place that allows me not much view of the future, then I just read using the houses method, and see what resonates. I use knighting techniques as well, an read what is immediately around the Lady.

And also, I read the future according to the direction my Lady card faces :)

This all applies to the Gent, too, if I am reading for a man.

elle_muse

You'll see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. Sorry you see it that way.

I don't understand why you feel compelled to reply this way. I never said I'd go with one thing or another, and I replied to various people here who gave their individual approach to the cards. I have an open mind and haven't shown any stubbornness in my replies. If anyone can point out to when I did, please point me to the right direction.

Maybe you're annoyed that I asked the same question as others have in the past, in this case, you should not have replied. Or instead, have linked to another thread with similar questions. As I mentioned in my post, I did go through the forum but wanted further information from users here. We're here to help each other too, not just give instructions to buy a certain book.

As I don't want to go in circles and receive yet another rude and unnecessary reply, so I will not be replying to you. I want peace in all my threads and wish mutual respect from everyone.

Have a good afternoon.

elle_muse

Sadly, he is no longer a member of this community. :(

Oh yes, haha, nearly forgot about your question - no matter how the Lady card falls, I read my GT anyways. If she is a weird place that allows me not much view of the future, then I just read using the houses method, and see what resonates. I use knighting techniques as well, an read what is immediately around the Lady.

And also, I read the future according to the direction my Lady card faces :)

This all applies to the Gent, too, if I am reading for a man.

I think this is what makes sense to me. As I mentioned before, the cards fall for a reason. Whether it's to teach us a lesson, or think about things that are preventing us from moving forward. In this case, I still would like to know "What's up in November" and want to take everyone's approach and kind of see where my intuition falls in. I don't usually knight (nor feel compelled to), but maybe it'll give me more info.

And yes, the direction my lady faces is something that made me stop and think. Having said that, my question (mostly to myself) is will I be using this approach to all my spreads, and with the MAN as well? For consistency sake. Again, that's where intuition takes a part, as well as how the entire story/picture looks to me. If I'm hit with an "AHA!" moment.

Thanks, Padma! I'll look at my cards this weekend and write a lot of these things down.

Kurenai

I think you meant well and I understand what you were trying to say. But your comments did sound a bit abrasive and annoyed. We are all here to learn, and not everyone has the money or resources to go out and buy the books we need to improve our reading abilities.