Pixie Tarot

ramba

Hi, I'm new to the board and fairly new to tarot. So this is done with a program called Blender 3d, and the border, post effects and hair were done in Photoshop.

Here is the Knight of Swords http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swordsk9kq.jpg

The knight is a girl, because so far I have only modeled a female in Blender. But I think it works ok.

Improbus

I'm always impressed with people who can make things with 3d. :D Your cards have a very nostalgic RPG feel to them that I like, the queen especially.
Though, I've gotta say the shine is a little bit overwhelming.

baba-prague

Yes, I thought these had a nice feel, but of course (I'm not telling you anything you don't know I think :) ) still need some work. It would be good to take down the shine and add some more subtle details.

But you seem to be off to a very good start - please keep going and show us more.

azuremoonchild

too much shine onec again... and where it tghe deep meaning to the cards... how would anyone divine with them...
hope it helps
~~AMC

ramba

So I took out some of the shine and added some details to the outfit.

http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swordsk1wj.jpg

As far as the meaning goes, here's what went through my mind when designing these cards.

Posing - The queen faces to the front head on, as in facing a destiny or path. In contrast the knight faces to the side. As if placed on a path by some ouside force or party.

Eyes- The eyes are semi closed on the Queen, as if passive yet still watching. The eyes on the knight are open and facing her path with determination.

Color - The red is to represent fire, because in my mind fire fits with swords better. Fire is something we all have a fascination with because it is something that can bring good - warmth, light, etc., yet it is capable of great destruction. Perhaps the literal sword could apply to this, you can use the sword to defend yourself or you can attack someone. But I was thinking of the sword in a nonliteral sense, a symbal of determination in obtaining what you desire. While getting what you want can be a good thing, you could still go to far and hurt others in your path of getting what you desire.

Gold and Silver - The queen wears both and the knight wears only gold. Gold is easier to mine and is more malable, easy to mold. Silver is mined in veins and can be difficult to remove from the rock and slightly harder to mold and form than gold.

Clothing - The queen wears more cloth, she has a softer edge than the knight.

The sword - On the queen the sword is facing down, again in a passive by stander way, but still could be weilded. The knight holds her sword upright and ready for what is about to come.

These are just some things that went through my head as I was drawing the cards. Hopefully as the deck goes on there will be a better sense of continuity and a pattern to the cards. I'm still deciding on what to do about the backgrounds. Personally I like keeping them minimalist and putting more detail into the characters. And have them convey the meaning.