Tea Leaf Fortune Cards by Rae Hepburn

DaughterOfDanu

How do you mix up your cards?

The organza bag I had fell apart (Don't they always?) and while I have another bag its just not the same.

Melia

I received this deck about 2 months ago, but haven't used it much yet. Just a lack of time.

The few readings I did do, I did not use the bag TreeLeafe, just because I like to shuffle my cards.

I split the cards into 2 stacks and carefully shuffled each stack (hand over hand method). The 2 mixed stacks were then separated into smaller stacks and gathered up together, before once again splitting them into 2 stacks. Each stack gets a shuffle, then gathered up together for the last time before dealing the cards.

I never saw the 1st version, so cannot compare it. I think the book is informative, but the cards for me are a bit on the thin side ... just a bit. The card stock finish itself is very nice. I also wish they came in a more practical box for storage, like a round cardboard cylinder maybe resembling a tea cannister. I mean, they are round cards after all. I think that would have been perfect. Minor gripes.

The few readings I've done with it (a couple of weekly readings) were accurate though, so I'm glad I purchased this deck.

celticnoodle

I got my copy. The box is kinda bulky and the book has pictures of the tea cup. One thing Im confussed about is, there are few cards that say love, marriage,career, etc. Am I suppose to throw those in the mix as well? I know they are meant to pick for a topic that one wants to inquire.

The box with the first edition is the same way. I did buy mine used, but they were in excellent condition when I got it, so I do know it is not from the original owner. I also wish the box was a bit sturdier.

as for the few extra cards-love, marriage, etc. those cards are used if you are reading on those situations.

The organza bag I had fell apart (Don't they always?) and while I have another bag its just not the same.

I take the cards and just lay them down on the table and mix them up that way. then gather them all up again.

I received this deck about 2 months ago, but haven't used it much yet. Just a lack of time.

The few readings I did do, I did not use the bag TreeLeafe, just because I like to shuffle my cards.

I split the cards into 2 stacks and carefully shuffled each stack (hand over hand method). The 2 mixed stacks were then separated into smaller stacks and gathered up together, before once again splitting them into 2 stacks. Each stack gets a shuffle, then gathered up together for the last time before dealing the cards.

Melia said:
I never saw the 1st version, so cannot compare it. I think the book is informative, but the cards for me are a bit on the thin side ... just a bit. The card stock finish itself is very nice. I also wish they came in a more practical box for storage, like a round cardboard cylinder maybe resembling a tea cannister. I mean, they are round cards after all. I think that would have been perfect. Minor gripes.

The few readings I've done with it (a couple of weekly readings) were accurate though, so I'm glad I purchased this deck.

Well, I have yet to get this 2nd version, I have the original. I love the deck too for their excellent readings. A round cylinder box would be perfect for this deck. I wonder if they'll fit into an old pringle chip can? never thought about it? I'll have to see if that works or if I can find a cylinder can in the art shops. great idea Melia!

belindasue

yes the bag is just to thin and the cards are just too heavy, so the cards are very hard to mix since there are so many of them, but I like the cards over all.

olivia1

Question for CelticNoodle

thanks olivia! I'll check amazon for the new deck. that's a good savings if I can find the same deal. I order often from Amazon, as we live out in the boonies and sometimes can't find what we want in the stores. even going to the stores is a hike to begin with, so Amazon is a fave place for us. :laugh:

if you don't mind me advising you on the using of the cards--I'll tell you my favorite way to use them is to do what I think is called the "Calendar Spread" or something like that. I call it that actually. I rarely work w/spreads, but do with this deck. I sometimes will do a yearly reading, using all the cards for my clients. I shuffle them (laying htem down on my bar area, which is huge and mixing them around) and then I pick them all up and count "Jan, Feb. March
, and so on till they are all out.

Then, take one pile at a time and lay all the cards out and start reading each card from left to right to see what is possibly going to occur for the client. they are eerily accurate. I look at the picture and allow it to tell me a story. i do love these cards, but the big drawback is that with having so many of them, they can be a bit difficult to use in a reading--and you really need a large area (in my opinion) to use them. I never use them in a reading for a client that is here for a reading immediately. these are used for 'special' clients/readings and always done on my own time, typed up and sent to the client. sometimes days after I start. :laugh: I feel using this deck is a lot of work, but it's so accurate, it's in my top ten of favorite decks. heck--prob. even my top 5! :D

Thank You CN!
I just saw your post.
I actually bought this set because I read you talk about it so enthusiastically in another thread.

So this Calendar Spread you use, its not the same as in the book but rather one you invented right? And if I follow you correctly, you mix all the cards up (include the months in their) then pick out the months then lay each card under a given month until they are all gone?

no, i know I misunderstood that because then you would be using like 200 cards? You probably pick 4 for each month and I just misunderstood?

Oh and I have another question. When you pick out cards for a month, do you draw 4 at one time and lay them all out under the corresponding month or do you pull 1 card each time, laying 1 card on each month until you have gone through all of the months then start another column?

So for example:
Jan = 1st Card| Feb= 2nd Card|....Dec=12thcard|
13th Card|

I have tried the 12 month forecast from the book and I must say I am pretty dissatisfied with it because I feel that the messages I get are too vague (too vague to actually be judges as accurate) and terse? But surely this is only because I am a beginner and maybe in time, if I follow the book example (assuming that's the method that you use), i will get accurate, meaningful and indepth readings too?

celticnoodle

Thank You CN!
I just saw your post.
I actually bought this set because I read you talk about it so enthusiastically in another thread.
:p Olivia1, you are so sweet. :)

I do LOVE these cards. my most expensive deck to date, (as I am cheap), and I bought it second hand at a great price! the only thing I don't like about the deck, is that because there are so many cards in them, and they are not easy to shuffle really, it takes forever to do so and lay out a spread. so, I use them ONLY for special readings and special customers. My top customers use to get a Christmas present from me of a reading from this deck. Now, that clientelle list has grown so much, that they generally only get a 3mos. reading present with it now. :p

Luckily, we have a HUGE bar table, (bigger then the dining table in fact!) that is about 4' wide and 6' long. I take up a huge portion of this bar when I use them. :p It is a time consuming deck, in my opinion. so, I also tend to lay the cards out and then walk away for awhile, come back and read a bit, walk away again...........

So this Calendar Spread you use, its not the same as in the book but rather one you invented right? And if I follow you correctly, you mix all the cards up (include the months in their) then pick out the months then lay each card under a given month until they are all gone?

no, i know I misunderstood that because then you would be using like 200 cards? You probably pick 4 for each month and I just misunderstood?

No, I think it is in the book....Its been so long since I've used the book, but I am certain it is in the book. and, yes, I use ALL the cards. I now generally only do a 3 mos. reading now, but still use ALL the cards. I'll lay out the month cards--like for now, if I were to do it, I'd lay out April/May/June and then I start piling the cards on. April would get card number 1, May card #2, June card #3 and so on. then, I put May and Junes piles to the side, grab April and lay them out as they were turned over left to right and begin to read from left to right. they are so amazingly accurate, it still shocks me when I do readings w/them.

Oh and I have another question. When you pick out cards for a month, do you draw 4 at one time and lay them all out under the corresponding month or do you pull 1 card each time, laying 1 card on each month until you have gone through all of the months then start another column?

So for example:
Jan = 1st Card| Feb= 2nd Card|....Dec=12thcard|
13th Card|

I have tried the 12 month forecast from the book and I must say I am pretty dissatisfied with it because I feel that the messages I get are too vague (too vague to actually be judges as accurate) and terse? But surely this is only because I am a beginner and maybe in time, if I follow the book example (assuming that's the method that you use), i will get accurate, meaningful and indepth readings too?
nope. as I mentioned above. I don't use the meanings in the book for each card though. I am an intuitive reader and just tell a story that comes to mind with each picture. perhaps that is where you encounter problems? nah, I like free form with everything.

Ashtaroot

Love those cards, I spent a little fortune for the original...I am so happy they ate back in print. I think everyone should have one. I use them like celticnoodle:heart: and sometime i do a weekly read and leave it at the table.. I use it for special clients only...

I like your you idea of leaving them and coming back to them....I might try it :)
I tend to do the whole reading in one sitting..and yes it is time consuming ....

olivia1

thank you, CN! i am going to try this spread using all the cards just like you!

No, I think it is in the book....Its been so long since I've used the book, but I am certain it is in the book. and, yes, I use ALL the cards. I now generally only do a 3 mos. reading now, but still use ALL the cards. I'll lay out the month cards--like for now, if I were to do it, I'd lay out April/May/June and then I start piling the cards on. April would get card number 1, May card #2, June card #3 and so on. then, I put May and Junes piles to the side, grab April and lay them out as they were turned over left to right and begin to read from left to right. they are so amazingly accurate, it still shocks me when I do readings w/them.

yes, there is a 12 month spread in the book but it doesnt use all the cards. just 4 for each position. unless there is another one that i am missing!

nope. as I mentioned above. I don't use the meanings in the book for each card though. I am an intuitive reader and just tell a story that comes to mind with each picture. perhaps that is where you encounter problems? nah, I like free form with everything.

this probably so! i have accepted that im just not an intuitive reader. like some people can dance and some people cannot, i learned that some people are just very good at reading intuitively and some people aren't. im in the 2nd group. i dont have that gift and so i read cards based on what i have learned and what experience has taught me..unfortunatly, i dont have much experience with this oracle yet.

celticnoodle

I like your you idea of leaving them and coming back to them....I might try it :)
I tend to do the whole reading in one sitting..and yes it is time consuming ....

this way, I feel like I am able to get other things done rather then just spending hours on a reading. I love this oracle to pieces, but yes, time consuming!

i have accepted that im just not an intuitive reader. like some people can dance and some people cannot, i learned that some people are just very good at reading intuitively and some people aren't. im in the 2nd group. i dont have that gift and so i read cards based on what i have learned and what experience has taught me..unfortunatly, i dont have much experience with this oracle yet.

I wonder if a dream book would help you then--with interpretating the cards or just add to the confusion? whatever helps you--the meanings in the book with the cards or anything else, then go for it. I hope you come to really love these cards as much as I do and come to be able to read with them easily. good luck!

woo hooo!! I just realized this is my 15,000th post!!! :D

olivia1

this way, I feel like I am able to get other things done rather then just spending hours on a reading. I love this oracle to pieces, but yes, time consuming!

I wonder if a dream book would help you then--with interpretating the cards or just add to the confusion? whatever helps you--the meanings in the book with the cards or anything else, then go for it. I hope you come to really love these cards as much as I do and come to be able to read with them easily. good luck!

woo hooo!! I just realized this is my 15,000th post!!! :D

happy 15,000th :D lol

and yes, ill try that! thank you, CN! ive been working with these cards a bit more and i have grown to really, really like them. it is uncanny how accurate they are. i read for my friend and he was absolutely amazed when what i predicted for him happened within around the time period the cards predicted. thank you for recommending these cards...theyre one of my favorites too! this is why i trust your opinion...you know what you are talking about :heart: