Reading with the Tarot of Prague. a story to make you smile

baba-prague

I just have to post this story, as it somehow is so characteristic of the deck. Someone who we gave the deck to told me today that yesterday he pulled a card - the Four of Cups. He was not very pleased with this card, and decided to pull another. He put the Four of Cups aside and pulled again. At this point in the story, this was our dialogue:

Him "So, you are not going to believe what happened next"
Me "Yes I am - you got the Four of Cups again"
Him "Well, in fact I got the Four of Cups again"
Me "That's my deck! You ought to have listened the first time"
Him "So now I realise that my deck has two Four of Cups in it"
Me "Giggle"

ToP has done this kind of thing with me a number of times and I would not say it anywhere but this forum (don't want to be thought mad as a hatter) but well, I LOVE this deck's sense of humour.

Cerulean

I'm very glad it reflects you and others

in the best way.

Laughs and delight, included. A sense of humor...I'll have to check my decks for this *).

Gorgeous deck--I decided my collection copy will stay in my collection and am picking up another discounted one for a friend.

Take care and best wishes, always.

Cerulean Mari

tmgrl2

Love this story, too. So now we all have a 79th card, The Four of Cups!

terri

baba-prague

Ah no. Now you will get some 79th card that the deck decides you should have.

I am joking. But I do honestly think that a deck should be able to make you laugh. Laughter is a great way to gain insight - and of course, it's simply good for all of us.

The person who told me this story SO wants to scoff at Tarot, and that made it even more funny and - in a nice way (he is a nice person) - sweet.

tmgrl2

I love it!

terri

TheLovers2

baba-prague said:
ToP has done this kind of thing with me a number of times and I would not say it anywhere but this forum (don't want to be thought mad as a hatter) but well, I LOVE this deck's sense of humour.

Karen, hi:

How do you mean? Can you expound? Your friend's deck mistakenly (or not) included two 4oCups. That I get. But, what do you mean when you say that it's happened to you a number of times? :)

TL2

tmgrl2

I have two Death cards in one deck.

I gifted my friend with the other deck.

terri

Death is my Zodiac Card...I am a Scorpio.

TheLovers2

Terri: 2nd Edition deck?

Terri, hi:

You must mean the 2nd Edition deck which should come with one Death card because the 1st Edition has two Death cards, though, different.

Or are you being a funny girl? :)

TL2

tmgrl2

Re: Terri: 2nd Edition deck?

TheLovers2 said:
Terri, hi:

You must mean the 2nd Edition deck which should come with one Death card because the 1st Edition has two Death cards, though, different.

Or are you being a funny girl? :)

TL2

I like to think I'm funny...some of the time...but no, TL2,
I was right the first time. I sent one of these lovely decks to my dearest friend in Wisconsin. My deck has two Death cards as well.

I am now reading the book for the first time. I love the style of writing for the card meanings....

terri