View Single Post
Lunatic Fringe

shamoness 
My IDS

Greeting my fellows! I have been grappling with the concept of the IDS for some time now. I've read many of the posts from the very first IDS and have come to understand the concept and appreciate it. Like most of the folks who have chosen to take the challenge I have been pondering my choice of deck for a few weeks. Again, like everyone else, I am struggling with this choice.

Part of me is saying choose the Rider Waite, in keeping with Umbrae's original suggestion of basically "less is more". Yet its colors are hideous. So I think Universal Waite perhaps. I only own the pocket edition and I believe I would prefer a standard size deck for the IDS. The next choice is Robin Wood. I really don't care much for this deck, but it has become my basic reading deck. I find it easy to read with despite my dislike for many of the images or the backs or the stiffness of the cards. I know, that will work itself out, eventually. Then of course there is the beautiful Victorian Romantic. I certainly don't tire of her images. Finally, the Vision Quest. This is my other reading deck. I know not many here care for this deck but I am at home with her. I see things in these cards that vary each time I look at them. Yet, this deck is very different from all others and that makes me feel that perhaps it might not be a good choice.

So my choices are:
Rider Waite
Universal Waite
Robin Wood
Victorian Romantic
Vision Quest

How to choose? I guess I must ask the decks. Or Umbrae.

In any case, I look forward to this challenge and what I will undoubtedly learn about Tarot and myself. I also look forward to getting to know many of you as we support each other through this next turn of the wheel.
Bright Blessings!
Top   #2