View Single Post
student of tarot

rwcarter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrosaxon
Sometimes doing a quick read with another deck helped put my IDS deck in perspective, and I could make comparisons and contrasts as well.

T.
That's a slippery slope that new people to the IDS should give considerable thought to beforehand. I think comparing and contrasting cards between decks is a wonderful thing to do. Even doing an occasional reading with another deck might help to put the IDS deck into perspective. But as many people found during the first IDS, the temptation was strong when hitting a roadblock with their IDS deck to grab another deck (usually an old favorite) to see what it said. That kinda defeats the purpose. And I believe that most (if not all) the people who experienced that and stuck with their IDS deck were glad they did so.

The IDS isn't a one size fits all exercise, so what worked for one person may not work for another and vice versa. In the beginning it would not have been a good thing for me to use another deck for any purpose. But I'm at a point now where I could use another deck without adversely affecting my IDS.

Rodney
Top   #15