Singing bowls and crystals

sonjasingh

I saw a post on singing bowl here and thought of posting my question.

I know an old couple from a new age store where I pick up stuff from, who use singing bowls to cleanse crystals. Before they sell crystals to clients, they place them in it and start playing the bowl a few times. They said it cleanses the crystals of any negativity and once complete, we can program them with our intention.

I bought a singing bowl solely for the purpose of cleansing my crystals as their quantity is increasing and it can be challenging to soak all of them in salt water and leave them in the sunlight or follow other procedure of cleansing.

Does anybody here know more about this method of cleansing crystals? I would love to hear about the connection between the two and your personal experience on using this combination.

Much love

Sonja

tarotbear

Not sure of the 'singing bowls' you speak of are the brass or the crystal ones; if they are the crystal singing bowls made from crushed quartz playing the bowl would align all the crystal molecular structures - or at least make them line up - I believe.

Salt water or just salt - yuck - I destroyed a beautiful crystal wand that way - totally removed everything from it and left me with a blank piece of quartz. Salt doesn't just remove the negativity - it removes EVERYTHING - or it did in this case.

Akairyuu

I agree with the post above; that singing bowl video is awesome :D! In fact I commented on that video a while ago :)

Cleansing with sound is a great way get raise you crystals' frequency back to how it should be :). Because I don't have a singing bowl, I made binaural frequencies instead where I sit the crystals on my laptop and play back the frequency; same thing really :). After words my crystals feel so light and happy; way lighter than they have been with any other cleansing method :D!

The Happy Squirrel

I think putting anything into the bowl is going to interfere with the vibration of the bowl so maybe putting the stone around the bowl is better?

Briar Rose

Personally I like around the bowl.

The Happy Squirrel

Yeah. I think so too. You really want to leave the bowl as separate from anything else possible, to maximize its freedom to vibrate around you. It's is more basic physics than spiritual really. Even choice of its base can effect its vibration. For obvious reasons. Pillow tend to dampen it a bit, hard surface will 'jagged' the vibration too much. I heard carpet is good. I just put folded tea towel underneath. But going back to filling a singing bowl, I think even water is not advisable. But if the sound works for you then anything is good I suppose.

stonesatiety

My crystal bowl has a handle on it, so I walk around the house playing. It's a quick, thorough and easy way to clear a house full of stones, along with everybody else (this includes the house). My friends clear water by placing it in a bowl made of fused quartz, but I haven't tried it.

You can hum, sing, chant or any other noise you like too. With the thought of clearing your stone, sing to it and watch it shine. It tends to make one smile too. ;-)

The Happy Squirrel

You have to scroll pretty far down to 19:55 before you see the crystal shop here. But in there, later on, fast forward to around 24:00 where the YouTuber talked to the owner of the shop, you can see some amazing crystal singing bowls, but what I would like to point out is that amazing crystal chiming thingies hanging from the ceiling that he hit at around 26:00.......SO NICE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOgA0R13Nx8