TOADies Anonymous.

Scarlet Woodland

some days ago I pre-ordered another one (absolutely gorgeous artwork and very attractive international shipping costs available only now. :)

Oops! I have a feeling that might have been my fault... blame me.

I'm back in for a couple months as have some big expenses and a smaller pay packet in Feb, and March will be spent saving up for something special. Have a couple new decks and possibly the same pre-order as Serenia to tide me over though :)

Serenia

Oops! I have a feeling that might have been my fault... blame me.

Umm, yeah, I guess you were not entirely uninvolved... :D But no, I really appreciate you posting about this! :love: I wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise!

katey

I have a confession to make.

I set out in the new year to purchase only eight decks - one for each of the sabbats. It is the 31st of January and I have already reached six decks.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

Admittedly, four of those were a combined purchase that was literally just a bargain way too good to pass up. Like, way too good.

But still. Six decks in one month. :eek: :bugeyed:

TOADies, I have a problem.

Cocobird55

We all have a problem. Just don't give up.

JylliM

I have a confession to make.

I set out in the new year to purchase only eight decks - one for each of the sabbats. It is the 31st of January and I have already reached six decks.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

Admittedly, four of those were a combined purchase that was literally just a bargain way too good to pass up. Like, way too good.

But still. Six decks in one month. :eek: :bugeyed:

TOADies, I have a problem.

Katey, as you must know, I too have a problem (having just bought a deck from you)! And I'm in the process of purchasing one or possibly more to take advantage of shipping from another AT member. But that one (the Rosetta) was on my exclusions list of decks that I'd allow myself to buy. I am more picky than I was, and have listed a few decks on eBay, so I think I'm heading in the right direction. Anyway, I'm broke now!

JylliM

Right, that's it! No more! I have just paid for some decks which I really wanted plus another one which could fit into the weight limit for not much more. I have spent way too much already this year, so I will allow myself $150 for the rest of the year. That's Australian, so it won't go far! Any gifts I may wangle out of my nearest and dearest will be bonuses.

journeyinghome

My one planned purchase had to go back (2nd ed of Celtic Shamans Pack). But, I've ordered the Byzantine Tarot instead - to go with a recently received trade, the Golden Tarot of the Tsar. So still in line with my goal of just the one purchase for first half of 2016 :)

I am hoping to get a copy of the Deviant Moon book at some point but that looks likely to be months and months away! :(

Edited to add: There are faulty cards in my Byzantine Tarot so that is going back! Are the tarot gods trying to tell me something?! Don't buy another Connections deck, probably......

Cocobird55

I fell off the wagon -- bought the Corte del Tarocchi from Moon Gypsy. It looks beautiful, and will more than compensate for the Vacchetta that I had to sell when I was moving. They are both from Il Meneghello, and I like my new one even better.

Scarlet Woodland

My finances improved a bit this month so have been able to treat myself to a few things this after all. Would like to start saving up an emergency fund though so I can offer to help out my parents if things get sticky. Dad's statutory sick pay plus mum's wages doesn't sound like enough to me. Whether they'll accept it given that I'm on minimum wage is another matter.

JylliM

My big purchase from an AT member has fallen through. I'm still waiting for my refund, but when it comes through (soon, I hope) it'll go to a pre-order of something folks have been talking rather heatedly about in another thread. It's in my allowed purchases for this year.
I've made a couple of naughty small purchases in the last couple of weeks but I'm also selling off the odd deck, so I think I'm doing okay.