Nine Star Ki astrology/Feng Shui

Rhiannon

Ok, we're only dealing with the first 2 #s of your Nine Star Ki. Your constiutional# and your emotional#.

To get the first # add together the year of your birth. Example: I was born in 1974 so I get 21. You need a # that is less than 11 so I add together 21 to get 3. Then subtract 3 from 11 to get 8. (I'm still shaky on why we have to subtract, so don't ask... just do it ;) )

IMPORTANT POINT: The Chinese New year begins on Feb 4. So if you were born between Jan. 1 and Feb 4 please calculate your birth year as the previous year. Ex: born Jan. 9, 2002 would calculate to Jan. 9, 2001 because of the Chinese New Year.

1 = Water - the visionary
2 = Earth - the friend
3 = Tree - the initiator
4 = Tree - the philosopher
5 = Earth - the gatherer
6 = Metal - the leader
7 = Metal - the problem solver
8 = Earth - the contemplator
9 = Fire - the star

Now for the second #: emotional element:
Date of Birth.............First # is:...........................................
.................................1, 4, 7..........5, 2, 8..............3, 6, 9
2/4 to 3/5..................8 - earth......2 earth............5 earth
3/6 to 4/5..................7 metal........1 water...........4 tree
4/6 to 5/5..................6 metal........9 fire...............3 tree
5/6 to 6/5..................5 earth........8 earth............2 earth
6/6 to 7/7..................4 tree..........7 metal............1 water
7/8 to 8/7..................3 tree..........6 metal............9 fire
8/8 to 9/7..................2 earth........5 earth............8 earth
9/8 to 10/8................1 water........4 tree.............7 metal
10/9 to 11/7..............9 fire............3 tree..............6 metal

That is a copy of the chart that is in the book (I'm not sure why there isn't a row for December or January?). So: as another example: Since my first # is an 8 and I was born on June 6 (6/6) then my emotional # is 7 metal.

I'll continue this in a second post.
Rhiannon :)

Rhiannon

Colors, colors everywhere...

Here's a list of the elements and their colors:

Water: shades of blue, black, turquoise and deep purples. These have a fluid quality. Water colors support 3 and 4 tree people, are calming for 6 and 7 metal people and can sometimes help to calm 9 fire people.

Tree: shades of green. These have movements and qualities of new ideas. Green supports 9 fire people, and helps 1 water people to get a move on. They can also inspire the earth personalities.

Fire: shades of orange-yellow, yellow, red, bright yellows and red-pinks. These are expansive and charging. These support 2, 5 and 8 earth people and help to re-direct tree people. They can help to warm the metal personalities.

Fire/Earth: shades of salmon, peach, pink. These colors are warm and nurturing. (I have a nice sort of clay pot color in my living room. It's very cozy in there.)

Earth: shades of brown, tan, beige, off-white with warmth. These are grounding and nurturing. Earth colors support 6 and 7 metal people, calm 9 fire people and can help refocus the water personality.

Metal: shades of white, gray, silver and metallics. These are clarifying and defining elements. These help support 1 water people and create movement for 2, 5 and 8 earth people. They can help re-direct the tree personalities.

Well, folks. That's about as far as I've gotten. Let me know what you think.

AquarianGoddess

Rhiannon,

Thanks so much for posting this enlightening info. I printed it out and will work out mine. Feng Shui is cool...I've taken a few classes years ago but haven't done much with it since.

AG

aeonx

Rhiannon said:
You need a # that is less than 11 so I add together 21 to get 3. Then subtract 3 from 11 to get 8. (I'm still shaky on why we have to subtract, so don't ask... just do it ;) )

Um. I was born in 1980, so my number adds up to 9 (again, a 9!). Will I have to subtract 3 now? :confused:

~aeonx~

Rhiannon

Aeonx, You would add together 1980 to get 18. Then add 18 to get 9. Then subtract 9 from 11 to get 2. So... your consitutional # is a 2-earth. Then check the chart to see where your birthday falls. And you should get a 4-tree for your emotional #.

AG, I think feng shui is very cool. I'm having some problems with some of the suggestions though. I'm just now sure how having my bed over the stove in my kitchen will ruin my marriage! LOL