Minute Deck is Officially OOP

Chronata

Thanks everyone!
Now if only I can get the last few remaining copies back from my printers....(it's like they are holding them hostage! They are never in the office!)

Hey promise...check out the raffle thread in Games And Fun forum...I am giving one away, so there's a chance you can win one!

firefrost

Asher said:
I had great success with rounding the corners, with virtually no loss to the artwork at all! It's a delightful deck that always brings a smile to my face.

I am, however, terrified at the thought of trying to laminate it...gulp!

Asher

Thanks for this, Asher

I'll definitely do the corners, then. I start to shake when I look in the direction of the laminator.

I'm scared of:

Not doing it properly and having the laminate begin to peel back...

Cutting too close to the card and ruining it that way...

Leaving hard (possibly sharp) edges...

And how do the cards shuffle with this type of laminating?

While I'm here, I'll add my congratulations as well, Chronata. The deck is indeed a wonderful accomplishment as MeeWah said earlier.

Okay, I'm off to crawl back under my desk and talk nice to the grey heat machine that's giving me an evil grin as I speak...(double gulp...)!

Aerin

I'm looking forward to mine - and pleased I jumped in to order when I did.

I don't think I will dare do anything drastic to it though like laminating or rounding, just keep it carefully. I already have a bag that is waiting for it....

Aerin

firefrost

Aerin - corner rounding isn't drastic. If I can do it...

Buy a small corner rounder from a craftshop. I think mine was £3.50.

In fact, dare I say it's quite therapeutic?

I really must get a life...

Promise

On the subject of corner rounding, I have a bit of experience.

One of the first decks I got was the Phantasmagoric Theater deck; loved the imagery, hated the way the deck fit in my hand. So, I attacked it with a pair of good fabric shears and chopped the borders off. Then, I used a small corner rounder on them to get rid of the sharp edges that were left. I do believe I bought my rounder in the Craft section of Wal-Mart, over where the scrapbooking supplies are. I think I even grabbed it while it was on clearance.

Really, if you take your time and don't get overwhelmed by the thought of whacking apart your deck, it's not a big deal. For me, it made the deck a lot more...personal, in a way. I took it from something unusable to something I enjoyed reading from using my own hands. There really is something therapeutic about that, I think.

Aerin

Aaaaah... there's a tool for it!

Promise and firefrost, I imagined it being a little like when I tried to cut Barbie's hair as a child.

Takes piece off one side, then the other. Oh no! Not symmetrical.

Tries to correct asymmetry. Oh noooooo! Now too much off the other side.

*etc*

Is left holding sad bit of card which is STILL not symmetrical. And with wonky corners.

Aerin :)

ps Barbie never forgave me her v. short haircut. I tried to hide the doll from my parents for WEEKS and then they just laughed. My Mum actually did the same thing to a friend when she was young, much much harder to laugh off.

gregory

Chronata said:
Anyway, I expect in a week to see certain E-bay sellers selling this deck for 300 bucks...and I will laugh and laugh!
}).... thinks.....

Sophie

It remains one of my favourite all-purpose decks, Chronata. Congratulations and thank you for the Minute!

mosaica

Chronata said:
LOL! I would settle for even a little money...heck...I would settle just for someone else to do all the work!

OOPs...I shouldn't say that too loud! :D

Chronata, I don't want to be disrespectful of all the hard -- and beautiful -- work you have put into self-publishing your deck, but now that you're done, have you thought of having it published through Tarot Connection? Leisa Re Falo has brought both the Tarot of the Crone and the Alchemical Tarot back into being, and I've secretly been wishing to see the Minute Deck appear there, too!

Mosaica

firefrost

Aerin - buy a corner cutter - all you do is shove the card in as far as it will go and press down. There's nothing to go wrong. And you don't need to trim the rest of the card just because you're rounding the corners. ;)