View Single Post
Citizen

Leo62 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalesWoman
..they both are longing for what they can't possess.
Yes, Waleswoman, that sums it up beautifully. It's like being stuck in an unhappy situation and being unable to move on and unable to stop wanting the unattainable, until unhappiness becomes a kind of habit.

You know, I'd never noticed the stormy weather in the background...I guess it represents the anger between them that isn't being expressed. I must admit, my attention is always more drawn to Elaine when I look at this card, and it's not just that she is in the foreground. I find it quite hard to empathise with Lancelot, probably because I find him an unsympathetic character generally. He is someone who never seems to be able to get real with himself...but I suppose you could say that about Elaine, too. In many ways, they deserve each other, and on one level, although I feel compassion for them, I just want to get hold of them both and shake them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalesWoman
It's all sort of wishful thinking and you know the story about that, wish in one hand...**** in the other. Which one will fill up faster?
er, I'm not familiar with that saying, Waleswoman ;]
Top   #3