View Single Post
Citizen

Leo62 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie-David
Hi Leo - I have quite a different take on Lancelot, that he is a true hero of the Arthurian Legend, in that he achieves a soul-to-soul love with Guenevere that Arthur seems incapable of. Of what value are lands and power compared to transcendent love? I think the storm is an expression of the dynamic of change, the passionate energy which will draw Lancelot back to his heart's desire, and that will grieve Elaine in the parting.
Hi David
An interesting take - I'd never thought of it like that. I suppose I've been influenced by Marion Bradley's characterisation (I'm reading "Mists" again, after fifteen years), where he's a bit of a spineless self-hater. I suppose that's why these stories are so powerful and durable - they are infinitely adaptable and can be told and retold in so many ways...

But back to the Five of Cups - here, both L and E seem to be *incapable* of facing up to the fact that it isn't working out. Although L does leave in the end, and I suppose you could put a positive slant on that by seeing it as him acknowledging the truth of the situation....it's a modern bias, I guess, to see him as a "deadbeat dad."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie-David
BTW, I am very impressed that you have found an online reference to all the Legend graphics. It would be neat to eventually link each thread to the appropriate card, and a lot easier than attempting to scan them as WalesWoman has been so admirably doing.
I found the link via the "Sites that show the whole deck" thread in Tarot Decks (Sorry I haven't yet worked out how to link to a thread!), so can't take all the credit...
Top   #9