Pathworking: The World or the 10 of Pentacles/Page of Pentacles?

sworm09

First, I don't know if this is in the right place, so move if necessary.

I've been reading about pathworking lately and decided that I would use the Tarot for my pathworking. Most sources talk about meditating on The World/Universe card to move from Malkuth to Yesod...but what about the four worlds? For example, right now I'm in Assiah, so logically I would start at Malkuth in Assiah....does that mean that it would be more logical to meditate on the 10 of Pentacles and Princess of Pentacles as my starting point? Then would I move to meditating on The World from the perspective of connecting the 10 of Pentacles (Malkuth in Assiah) to the 9 of Pentacles (Yesod in Assiah)?

Am I making this too complicated? Can someone share their thoughts on this?

ravenest

Sure ... I cant see why not although I have never heard of that before ,,, seems sensible to me.

simple_biscuit

Path-working uses the Major Arcana because they represent paths of transition from Sephirah to Sephirah. Minor Arcana can be used for meditation, but they represent Sephirot and not paths.

Path-working takes place in the Kabbalistic world of Yetzirah. When you open your eyes you are back in Assiah.

Richard

It might clear some confusion to use the traditional single tree model of the four worlds: Malkuth in Assiah; the next three Sephirot in Yetzirah, etc. As simple_biscuit wrote, no matter where you go on the tree, path working itself takes place in the world of Yetzirah. If you are interested in using the traditional path of return (based on the ten Sephirot) for path working, there is a systematic description in P. F. Case's The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order, Part Two.