The Iron Fairies

thorhammer

I had a fortuitous meeting on one of my many flights in the last few weeks with a lovely lady whose son does "The Iron Fairies" - iron sculptures of fairies named for important women in his life. I've had a look at the site and it's just lovely - and I wanted to share it with fellow fairy-lovers here on AT :)

I'd love in the near future to be able to invite one of these beauties into my home. And to be able to go to one of the shops! Sadly, none here in Perth :(

I hope you enjoy the site!

The Iron Fairies

\m/ Kat

(Aulruna/Sheri - if this is inappropriate, I am sorry - I was unsure if it should go in Chat or here.)

faunabay

oh how beautiful Kat! thanks for letting us know about these. hmmm.... sometime in the future - me too!

thorhammer

Glad you like them, FB :) I think they're so pretty, and I love the aged look of the sculptures. I can see them lurking well in dark nooks of a rainy-wet garden . . .

\m/ Kat

LunarLioness

There is a shop in Perth isnt there?? I have bought some fairies from there before - it's in one of the arcades.... Im sure Im thinking of the same shop! I havent been there for a while though, so unless they closed down.

Sorry if Im leading you up the garden path here or thinking of a different shop, but I was quite positive there was one in Perth..I THINK it was Carillion Arcade but I am useless at the names of the arcades, sorry!

Actually, I just had a look at the website and it says "New York, Perth, Bangkok" along the bottom so you might be in luck.... :)

thorhammer

LunarLioness said:
There is a shop in Perth isnt there?? I have bought some fairies from there before - it's in one of the arcades.... Im sure Im thinking of the same shop! I havent been there for a while though, so unless they closed down.

Sorry if Im leading you up the garden path here or thinking of a different shop, but I was quite positive there was one in Perth..I THINK it was Carillion Arcade but I am useless at the names of the arcades, sorry!

Actually, I just had a look at the website and it says "New York, Perth, Bangkok" along the bottom so you might be in luck.... :)
I think (the conversation was over a couple of glasses of wine on the aeroplane, so not sure) the lady said the shop was closed recently. I never make it into the city anyhow, so it's a moot point :D

Meanwhile - HI! *waves*

\m/ Kat

LunarLioness

Oh what a bummer if its closed! I bought a gorgeous little iron fairy man from there (not sure if thats what they call the men! lol) little bent over figure with a walking stick and he came with his own iron hammer and scroll :)

Bangkok and New York are just a little far away for me ;)

Oh, and Hi to you to Kat :)

Alissa

So lovely!!! I want a dozen for my yard! :D