Hanson Roberts - Strength

sunflowr

Thought I'd try and breathe new life into this Hanson Roberts study group. I've decided this is the deck I would like to focus on in readings for awhile and get to know better. It really fits me, in so many ways. :)

I got the Strength card today (a one-card reading I go into detail on in the "your readings" section) and I really looked at the card this time and noticed something I never noticed before and that isnt covered in any of the 2 books for the deck.

The woman's hand (that hold the lion's face) is sunburnt. Is this a printing flaw? I don't think so, but figured I would ask you guys and see what you think. Why is her hand so much more orange (or redder) than her face?

Pipkin

The hand

I just had a look at the image having read this and it is a glove that she wears and hence why the hand is red. The strength card can also be about patience and holding-out on something, a glove in itself can be a form of protection and sometimes holding-out on a situation can be the best form of protection we might give ourself. This card also links in to healing, healing hands etc.

Regards

Pipkin

Flavio

I've seen the red hand as a glove also, we can think this glove is not for her protection if the Lion decides to attack a simple fabric glove is not going to save her hand, so the lady dressed as better as possible to meet the Lion almost like going to a date.

fairyhedgehog

But if today you intuitively saw the hand as sunburned, what is that saying to you?

Flavio

fairyhedgehog said:
But if today you intuitively saw the hand as sunburned, what is that saying to you?
OK... I got my card out, and tried not to see the silver colored pieces of the glove. Now, her face also looks a little bit sunburned and the roses on the lower right part seem fire. This lady is trying too hard to control her instincts the effort is big she caught fire like when you force en engine, more than sunburn I feel she is releasing the heat while damaging her body.

Lula Jing

I like the Strength card, was looking at it the other day.

I had not noticed the glove so much, but now you mention it, there is the chainmail effect at the cuff, implying the strong arm - and yet her fingers are not clenched, seeming to caress the lion.

Another thing I have noticed about this card is that both the lion and the lady have their eyes closed, both seeming to enjoy their mental connection. They seem to have a mutual agreement, a peace between them.

I love this lion, reminds me of Aslan. :)

Has anyone noticed her necklace? I was wondering why there seemed to be a bead missing at the front and noticed a white shimmer in the shape of a cross, almost like a spirit person - you can see two black dots that look like eyes if you look carefully. The white figure seems to hold the necklace together, arms outstretched.

To me, this represented her strength of spirit as well as character.

Also her beads are red, matching her cloak, to me representing determined action.

Nice to find this study group... I read with the Hanson-Roberts most times for myself, I love this deck - it's one of the first I owned. :)

Shy x

vision777

I happen to like this card , but i always wonder what was that stuff around her neck ?

Disa

Shy Priestess said:
Has anyone noticed her necklace? I was wondering why there seemed to be a bead missing at the front and noticed a white shimmer in the shape of a cross, almost like a spirit person - you can see two black dots that look like eyes if you look carefully. The white figure seems to hold the necklace together, arms outstretched.

Also her beads are red, matching her cloak, to me representing determined action.

Nice to find this study group... I read with the Hanson-Roberts most times for myself, I love this deck - it's one of the first I owned. :)

Shy x

I did notice her necklace and that a piece seems to be missing. I do see the white "spirit person" with arms outstretched to hold the pieces together, as well. It almost looks as though it is a separate necklace, too- I can sort of make out a white "V-shaped" necklace which comes to a point at the "spirit person's" head and then stretches up towards her collarbone. Could it be also that she is protected by spirit, as if the spirit figure necklace is guarding her ?

Madame Squee

Shy Priestess said:
I like the Strength card, was looking at it the other day.

I had not noticed the glove so much, but now you mention it, there is the chainmail effect at the cuff, implying the strong arm - and yet her fingers are not clenched, seeming to caress the lion.

Another thing I have noticed about this card is that both the lion and the lady have their eyes closed, both seeming to enjoy their mental connection. They seem to have a mutual agreement, a peace between them.

I love this lion, reminds me of Aslan. :)

Shy x
I took out my Hanson Roberts deck last night. I've owned this deck for several years, but I've never really used it. Although I found the artwork appealing, I thought (mistakenly!) that the symbolism wasn't "deep" enough (whatever that means).

Anyway, while I studied a couple of spreads before I went to bed, the 10 of Swords came up twice and both times, the broken necklace caught my focus -- nice, but what does it actually mean? Then, this morning, I drew the Strength card for my card of the day. Then, I thought, why not, and started looking around for an HRT study group and found this Strength thread. Oh boy!!! I found my necklace connection!

Maybe this is old stuff for those who use this deck regularly, but all of the sudden, I found the meaning I was looking for in the 10 of Swords necklace by relating it to the necklace in the Strength card and the white "spirit" figure, holding the necklace together! Whoopee!!!!

That's the beauty of using an AT study group -- it's synergy in action (which I think I see in the 2 of Cups).

What a "deep" deck! Full of juicy symbolism!

Thanks, everyone! :heart:

Flavio

Just after reading this I realized there was "something" in the necklace, probably my cards had lost some colour and are a little bit worn, thank you for pointing about the force holding the necklace together.