View Single Post
Citizen

Prism 

I dialogued with the woman in the Tarot of Prague World card. She looks so content with herself and her two wands. Even the fact that she is The World, the final card, doesn't seem to phase her at all.

Me: Hello.
W: Hello. I was wondering when you'd speak up.
Me: Really? I didn't know you noticed me. I'd like to get to know a little about you, if you don't mind. Frankly, I'm a little intimidated by you, since, after all, you are the World. Would you mind telling me a little about yourself?
W: Yes, I know, I may seem a little unapproachable, my position at the end of the journey and all that, but, you know, that's just your own hangups, not mine. I'd be happy to talk about myself a little, and then maybe you'll see that I'm not such a big deal, really. I have been through a lot, you know, the steps shown by the previous cards, and all that. So, yes, I'm not really frightened of very much in this life, and I guess that's what might be a little difficult for some people to deal with. But it's not like I'm up here on this cloud all the time. You might try to think of me as a flash of enlightenment.
Me: Kind of like in buddhism.
W: Exactly. The students meditate for months or years or decades and then one day they get it, just out of the blue. I'm kind of like that moment.
Me: Huh?
W: Here's the deal. I've had the experience of knowing that the world is perfect and beautiful, and that I am part of that perfect and beautiful world. Haven't you ever had that feeling?
Me: Yeah, once in a while. It doesn't last.
W: No, of course it doesn't last. You couldn't very well live in the world if you were constantly in a blissed out state, could you?
Me: No, but it would be nice to have those feelings a little more often.
W: Good, now we're getting somewhere. The thing to remember, what I really want to tell you right now is this: lighten up! Unburden yourself! Carrying around old, worn out and useless misery is not the way to go. It's just a habit. And here's the thing. There is no place for you to carry this useless junk to. There is no altar that is waiting to receive it. In fact, it doesn't have any reality at all. It can just vanish in a second, leaving no trace. Just like you can have this blissed out feeling in any given second, and it feels like it comes out of nowhere.
Me: So you are free of that useless misery thing, I guess?
W: Pretty much, yes. But here's another thing you need to know. I make myself up all the time, every day. I'm not finished. And here's another thing: I'm part of the everyday world. I am, you remember, The World. Get it?
Me: Uh, maybe.
W: Good. I think that's enough for one day.
Me: Well, OK, but I was wondering if I could ask your wands a couple of questions.
W: Be my guest.
Me: Wands, what's the deal with you?
Wand 1: Well, you can think of me as your connection to a higher energy. It's always turned on, you just need to plug in.
Me: Cool. And you, Wand 2?
Wand 2: I'm here to help you do what you want to do in your own world. You know, you're plugged in. Now what are you going to do?
Me: Good question....
Top   #17