Gill Tarot Book, any good?

Storm82

I have the gill tarot and thinking of buying the book

wonder if the book is any good?
is there only card meanings in the book ?

anyone have this book that can share something about it?

makani

I have this deck and book. The book goes into a lot of detail about the cards, not just their ordinary, average meaning. The author goes into detail about stuff I do not understand and don't even want to at this time. About the Tree of Life and the Sephiroth and how all the majors are linked with different Sephirothy-type things. I'm sorry, I know I must sound like an idiot trying to explain this. It's just way beyond me at this point.

However :) I am glad I have the book because maybe, just maybe, there will come a day that I am ready for this information. I would say, if you can pick this up for not too much $$, go for it. And anyway, it's always nice to have the books when you can.

Storm82

thank you for replying :)

this is the information I want, whats in the book

if its only card meanings (like LWB) then I dont have any use of it, but is it the cards meaning in dept and some more information, then maybe its something for me :)

anyone more that want to comment?
I apriciate all help

Maan

bumping this thread because i want to understand the Gill better and hoping for more info on the book.
Did you end up buying it Storm82?

Pollux

I have the book and never really read it through systematically.
It's true it's rich in kabalistic information and not so much what I am searching for, I still get so much out of this deck without the esoteric details behind (they still remain behind, and not upfront when I do readings!).
I will have to check it back again though and read it properly from one end to the other, it's small and should just take an afternoon or so...
I would say that if you do enjoy the deck and use it successfully for fortune telling (this being your main goal and focus) and are not a fan or looking for background in kabala and such, you may well keep going without it.
The descriptions of the images are apt and precise, but nothing an attentive eye and a keen mind would not grasp.

Satori

Love this deck and book. The majors of this deck are some of my favorites, ever. In fact this Death card is my favorite of all time.

I like the book. I like that Gill offers a comprehensible view of kabbalah for tarot in the book. I think it is very accessible.

daphne

I`m also wondering about the Gill Tarot book, any other opinions?

I don`t start a new thread, although it`s an old one, maybe there are some fresh insights.

jema

Well, the book is still in print and cheap. I got it after having used the deck without the book for at least 10 years and while it is a decent book I can't say it actually added a whole lot to my understanding of the cards. At least not the minors and those are the ones I would have loved to see more about. It is great for the Tree of Life and the paths and the Majors though.

Buy it if you see it and can spare the cash. It just cost about 10 pounds on Amazon. The deck is one of my long time favorites (shoved down to the second spot for now though)

daphne

Thank you, Jema!