the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

truelighth

I like your Tower card. It indeed doesn't have falling bodies, but it sure gives the feel of the Tower. And it also fits in very well with the rest of the deck. I really like your deck!

alizarin

Thank you, truelighth! I'm glad it still has a Tower feel, even without the bodies.

I finished the Star. I was going to try to work on the Star & the Sun & the Moon as a kind of set, but then I had this idea for the Star and no ideas for the Sun or Moon, so I just went ahead and painted it and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Still no ideas for the Sun, though, so I guess it's back to the sketchbook again. I'm still very much on schedule for finishing the Majors by June or July, though.

truelighth

Very lovely :). I definately like your deck a lot. Good luck with the Sun and Moon and the next cards. I hope you will find the inspiration for them.

Tesseljoan

I really like your cards so far.

I haven't read th ewhole thread, but erm.... what are your plans on publishing? :)

alizarin

Thank you! I'm still working on the design for the Sun (so far it, uh, has a sun in it,) and I've got the Moon sort of sketched out, but hopefully both of them will be done sometime next week.

As far as publishing goes there's a possibility there might be a limited edition of the majors once they're complete, and I would love to do a full deck when all the minors are finished, but that's a good ways off (aiming at sometime in 2008) so I'm trying not to worry about it just yet. Will post here when I have details about anything, of course!

Debra

Boy, these are beautiful. I love the "almost" black and whiteness of them. The tower gets a big thumbs up from me.

alizarin

I waffled over the design for the Moon for ages. Figures now that it's a new moon today I painted the whole thing in just a few hours.

The Moon

I'm very pleased with how it came out, even though I was kind of unsure about it when it was just a sketch.

Still not sure what to do for the Sun, though. I was going to work on the Moon & the Sun at the same time, but that didn't really work.

Chronata

The Star is gorgeous...the Moon is perfect!

I want these cards to read with so badly...they are the only tarot in creation that I have been talking about lately!

You are doing such an amazing work here.

and almost done with the Majors! That's a terrific milestone!
(oh...and in case you haven't guessed...I will buy a limited edition majors set in a heartbeat!)

Papageno

alizarin your work is lovely. they possess a wonderful nocturnal quality.

SilentBreeze

You must tell me when you finnish this deck and publish it. It's so beautiful.