Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

ILuvEire

Oy vey, I feel so awful! I had mid-terms all week this week, and my tarot learning basically came to a stand-still! I haven't touched the deck in forever!

BelovedK

So, I really want to take part in an IDS, but can't decide between the Golden (Kat Black's) and the Bohemian Gothic, just can't decide. I wonder if I should do both?

rwcarter

BelovedK said:
So, I really want to take part in an IDS, but can't decide between the Golden (Kat Black's) and the Bohemian Gothic, just can't decide. I wonder if I should do both?
I would suggest using only one deck for a first IDS, but only you can really decide if splitting your time between two decks will work for you or if splitting your focus will cause you to not gel with either deck.

You could also borrow some of the questions I've used when deciding which deck to use for an IDS. See my posts here to see what I'm talking about. Ask your decks a) if they want to be used for an IDS and b) if they want to work with each other in an IDS.

There's also this Deck Argument Spread that may help you determine if those two decks actually want to work together.

Rodney

thorhammer

ILuvEire said:
Oy vey, I feel so awful! I had mid-terms all week this week, and my tarot learning basically came to a stand-still! I haven't touched the deck in forever!
Don't stress :) It happens to all of us - it's almost inevitable at this time of year between one thing and another, but it happened to me while I was in my first IDS, just because I couldn't stand to look at the damn thing, let alone study it! :laugh: So let it flow, don't force yourself :) (That is, until you think you need forcing . . . that does happen, too ;)).

2_Journey, I'm fixing you up in the first post now :)

\m/ Kat

BelovedK

rwcarter said:
I would suggest using only one deck for a first IDS, but only you can really decide if splitting your time between two decks will work for you or if splitting your focus will cause you to not gel with either deck.

You could also borrow some of the questions I've used when deciding which deck to use for an IDS. See my posts here to see what I'm talking about. Ask your decks a) if they want to be used for an IDS and b) if they want to work with each other in an IDS.

There's also this Deck Argument Spread that may help you determine if those two decks actually want to work together.

Rodney

Thanks, I'll take a look. I have been reading with GT for a while, but reeaally want to start using BG. I'll sleep on it :D

victoria.star

Okay, here I go...

Okay.
I thought I would wait until the first of January; however, I feel I just need to begin...

I would like to begin an Intensive Deck Study on the Winter Solstice.

May I ask a question first, please?

Do we follow a set structure of what card to study? I think you guys started with the Magician two weeks ago and are on the High Priestess now?

Could I do a "catch-up" of sorts?

Is there a thread I am missing? I think I read one before and cannot find it now...

Thanks for any answers. I will prepare my commitment list and post once I am certain I know what the protocol is. :)

(I am nervous and excited about this!)

thorhammer

Hey, babe! I think you're thinking of the 78-Week study, which is . . . er, somewhere. Some IDSers are using that for their IDS, including Zan and Wendy, I think. And yes, they do follow a structure but they told me I could be a maverick if I wanted :D and study whatever deck. I'm sure you could do a catch up.

Are you wanting to join the IDS as well?

Let me guess . . . IronWing? :D

I'll try to find the 78-Week Study :) and link it back here. ETA: Here ya go :)

\m/ Kat

victoria.star

Ha Kat, you read my mind! ;) Yup, IronWing! Thanks for the link. I will be in touch! :heart:

thorhammer said:
Hey, babe! I think you're thinking of the 78-Week study, which is . . . er, somewhere. Some IDSers are using that for their IDS, including Zan and Wendy, I think. And yes, they do follow a structure but they told me I could be a maverick if I wanted :D and study whatever deck. I'm sure you could do a catch up.

Are you wanting to join the IDS as well?

Let me guess . . . IronWing? :D

I'll try to find the 78-Week Study :) and link it back here. ETA: Here ya go :)

\m/ Kat

KafkasGhost

My hats off to anyone with an IronWing. Intense and gorgeous.

Still getting on with my UF... weeeee...

zan_chan

victoria.star-- welcome to club IDS :^) I'm so happy for you and your Ironwing. Are you naming it Lorena? Just a thought.

But yes, like Kat said, Wendywu, emmsma, and I (possibly others that I'm forgetting--sorry!) are using the 78 week study as part of our IDS. If I'm being totally honest, I so far LOATHE the 78 week study. It makes me want to scream in my whiny teenager voice, "But Mom, I don't WANT to study the High Priestess today!". But I'm going to try to stick with it for just that reason-- it's all nice and good to study the cards I love to study, but being on a set plan forces me to really take a hard look at all the others, too. (Not that Hermann has any cards I wouldn't be delighted to study, mind you :) )

Hermann and I are moving along well these past few days. I'm so glad that I got involved in the reading circles (thanks for the advice, Wendywu!)-- they've been teaching me a ton about reading and about myself as a reader (and as a writer too-- who knew there were so many words I overuse to such a hideous extent?). I'm finding that the more I read, the more I reevaluate my feelings about tarot overall-- deck preference in particular. My fancy Baba decks (no offense Baba-lovers!) have been staring at me with "Buy It Now" bubbles floating atop their oversized boxes...

Speaking of Reading Circles-- today is your last chance to sign up for the next IDS Reading Exchange! So, don't be shy and throw your name in the ring HERE!