The Golden Tarot of Visconti Sforza ???

Stark Raven

I received the deck faster than any other ever ordered, but that was the first time I ordered from Amazon. Well I had to send it back. The printing was the worst I have ever seen. Many cards were off center. As I shuffled them I dropped one and it lightly touched table and chipped. Absolute garbage. So disappointed.

gregory

What a shame - mine was really nice.

Stark Raven

What a shame - mine was really nice.

I am curious, Gregory, I am no expert in telling if cards are coated or not; that's one ability I lack. Still, judging by how the card I dropped chipped and how the cards felt like pure paper with no coating to me, I am assuming they are not coated. What do you think?

Are you saying yours are all centered? How well? Not many of the ones I got were acceptably centered. I was prepared to accept some deviation as I had read about that by one reviewer on Amazon.

gregory

Mine were all perfectly fine. I certainly didn't notice any being at all off centre, but haven't it with me at the moment.

They felt - I'd say - minimally coated - but certainly didn't chip.

Stark Raven

Mine were all perfectly fine. I certainly didn't notice any being at all off centre, but haven't it with me at the moment.

They felt - I'd say - minimally coated - but certainly didn't chip.

I am glad you got a good one, but I shouldn't have asked, lol. Now I am torn on whether I should try again in the future. But I don't think I will, the one I got was shockingly poor, and has left me with too much doubt to be likely to try again.

I have wanted a Sforza deck for a long time, most of the nicer ones that come up are sooooo expensive.

MzMcKee

Just a thought... The original deck was created by hand and includes faults and flaws including being off center. Am I wrong to assume that this reproduction would and should include the same off center appearance?

Thanks...

gregory

Just a thought... The original deck was created by hand and includes faults and flaws including being off center. Am I wrong to assume that this reproduction would and should include the same off center appearance?

Thanks...

As I said way up there somewhere - mine is very much like my very old (1970s) VS repro deck from Gutenberg. I have never noticed anything in that being seriously off centre, but a repro deck made today shouldn't CHIP.

Inconnu

I have wanted a Sforza deck for a long time, most of the nicer ones that come up are sooooo expensive.

Keep an eye on ebay. I recently bought a VS Meneghello 1996 facsimile limited edition for $50 incl shipping. I love that it has all the flaws of the surviving cards. So fair deals are out there. I believe that the US games is also a facsimile edition.

From what I've heard the Golden has been well received & is good value for the buck. Bad luck that you got a bad one. I've never heard of a dropped card chipping.

Stark Raven

Keep an eye on ebay. I recently bought a VS Meneghello 1996 facsimile limited edition for $50 incl shipping. I love that it has all the flaws of the surviving cards. So fair deals are out there. I believe that the US games is also a facsimile edition.

From what I've heard the Golden has been well received & is good value for the buck. Bad luck that you got a bad one. I've never heard of a dropped card chipping.

Thanks, glad to know deals do arise on such decks.

For the sake of clarity, the chip from the drop was small; but if every time I dropped or tapped a non white bordered card on something, if it were to chip the deck would be a mess in no time. That's what I figure anyway. I have another deck that does that, it too has a non-white border. That one isn't coated at all, but I can see why it would chip given that fact. That's the Healing Earth Tarot, second edition. I was shocked, I didn't know until after I purchased it that it wasn't coated - with dark blue borders. I am afraid to bring that one out.

Stark Raven

Thanks...

The same thing crossed my mind, but no, these were far too off center for that to be the explanation. I can't believe that would be the case. In some the image touched the outer edge of the card and left no border on that side as a result. On the other side there was a big fat border. I can't believe that if the original were that far off that it wouldn't have been corrected to some degree.