"Lenormand Decks: Easy to Not Easy" for Reading.

DownUnderNZer

So, over the last two days I have been trying out some of my Lenormand decks that I have not really used yet to see if they are easy or not so easy to read.

I think if you know your meanings - you cannot go wrong, but some decks are not so "reader friendly" I reckon.

So, if you want give your own personal experiences with using different decks by all mean do.

DND :)

DownUnderNZer

I cannot vouch for accuracy although with the "past" readings I did with all of them they have been quite good and have touched on different points.

MINUTE LENORMAND: Excellent and easy with the IMAGES and NUMBERS. Good to shuffle. A+++

WAHRSAGWKARTEN: If you know the NUMBERS and WHAT IMAGES they CONNECT to you can read these cards without paying attention to the images at all.

ORAKAL: I would not recommend this deck at all. Small images and I had to get a magnifying glass out just to see NUMBERS at times because the IMAGES were not so straight forward.

MYSTICAL: Not always EASY with the IMAGES, but the NUMBERS are bold enough to work with instead if you know what each number connects to for images.

GILDED REVERIE: Easy with the IMAGES and NUMBERS. Some or maybe one card at least is titled differently like the one that represents "CROSSROADS" I think, so if I was a learner it would throw me if I saw many other decks having "CROSSROADS". Other than that - as I know what each number is connected to it can be worked around. The cards are a bit bigger as well compared to standard Lenormands.

The one I liked to work with the MOST out of this lot was the MINUTE followed by the GILDED REVERIE.

DownUnderNZer

"Some Decks for Beginners":

Simple and no fuss, but rather the BEST if just after images and no busy activity. (Do not get verses).

Blue Owl.
Game of Hope.
Dondorf Lilac.
Piatnik.

More Vibrant:

Chronata's Lenormands.
Gilded Reverie.

Others can add more if they so choose and so will I as I think it might be time to add more to my Lenormand family.

Tag_jorrit

I really like the decks with the playing card inserts. Sometimes the royalty cards can be person cards.

And the decks where you can instantly tell what they symbol is. Although many have attractive artwork, they can difficult to read because of all the busy, distracting illustrations.

The Rider must be male and look like he's on a mission since the Rider is an alternate young man or someone delivering news.

Another important one for me is that the Park must be illustrated properly, as it is sometimes pictured as a cozy garden since the Park/Garden is representative of the general public or a social circle so the visual cues can help.

Nearly all the traditional and/or antique decks have the "correct" illustrations, such as the commercially available Piatnik, Blue Owl decks. My site as lots of more obscure antique repros that have good illustrations if you like the antique look. The newer ones that I like such as the Maybe Lenormand and Pixie's Lenormand are very readable modern decks. But then, I am a traditionalist at heart. :)

Village Witch

"Some Decks for Beginners":

Simple and no fuss, but rather the BEST if just after images and no busy activity. (Do not get verses).

Blue Owl.
Dondorf Lilac.
Piatnik.

More Vibrant:

Gilded Reverie.

I am relatively new to Lenormand but own the decks you mention here. I agree with your assessment.

One deck that drives me crazy and messes me up completely when it read with it is the Celtic Lenormand. A tiny little shell heart on a rock representing the Heart trips me up every time, as do a few other cards in the deck. Some artists take way too much liberty that can result in very confusing and not easily recognizable symbols.

DownUnderNZer

I agree about some decks being "attractive" yet difficult to read with which means it is a waste of time and more of a challenge.

"Rider" to me is "masculine" so I do feel it should be "male" as well plus I am sure that card is looked upon as someone being "well endowed" and "physically in proportion". :D Almost 99.9% certain on that!.

Something like bridge leading up to the sky for "crossroads" does not cut it for me - so with your "park" comment I do understand.

NEXT I will give two other decks I have not used yet a go to see what they are like:

"Enchanted" and "Lenormand Cartomancy".

I really like the decks with the playing card inserts. Sometimes the royalty cards can be person cards.

And the decks where you can instantly tell what they symbol is. Although many have attractive artwork, they can difficult to read because of all the busy, distracting illustrations.

The Rider must be male and look like he's on a mission since the Rider is an alternate young man or someone delivering news.

Another important one for me is that the Park must be illustrated properly, as it is sometimes pictured as a cozy garden since the Park/Garden is representative of the general public or a social circle so the visual cues can help.

Nearly all the traditional and/or antique decks have the "correct" illustrations, such as the commercially available Piatnik, Blue Owl decks. My site as lots of more obscure antique repros that have good illustrations if you like the antique look. The newer ones that I like such as the Maybe Lenormand and Pixie's Lenormand are very readable modern decks. But then, I am a traditionalist at heart. :)

I have seen images of the "Celtic", but it did nothing for me. Sad as I like "Celtic" themes.

A tiny heart on a shell? So, much for LOVE!. :D

I am relatively new to Lenormand but own the decks you mention here. I agree with your assessment.

One deck that drives me crazy and messes me up completely when it read with it is the Celtic Lenormand. A tiny little shell heart on a rock representing the Heart trips me up every time, as do a few other cards in the deck. Some artists take way too much liberty that can result in very confusing and not easily recognizable symbols.

DownUnderNZer

"ENCHANTED":

Not a Lenormand deck I would choose to work with!. I would not likely recommend it to anyone.

Although the images are not busy they are on the small side dead set in the middle of each card. As some are on the "dark side" and "dull" in appearance like the "Fox", "Scythe", "Tower", "House" at first they are hard to make out even with glasses on. The color tones are the same as the vine border.

Two cards that I had to look at the numbers to know what they were - were: "36" and "20". The images are not that great at all. If a beginner has no idea that 20 = Garden/Park or 36 = Cross it would truly be lost to them.

The other problem I had was with the numbers themselves as they are difficult to see and not easy to make out unless you have perfect vision perhaps.

DownUnderNZer

"LENORMAND CARTOMANCY".

Some images are easy and some are along the lines of "abstract". The numbers are not an issue at all.

Maybe not a deck for beginners/learners. I feel you would need to know what number means what image.

Cards that FAIL to deliver are 12 = "Owls" or "Birds" and 7 = "Snake".

One card that is more or less blending in as the same color on the whole is "19".

I would like to work with this deck a bit more myself just to see how it reads or not, but I feel for those just starting out it would not be ideal at all as it would be a "challenge".

Village Witch

"ENCHANTED": Not a Lenormand deck I would choose to work with! I would not likely recommend it to anyone.

Another assessment I agree with. My cards were so thick that I couldn't shuffle them without getting blisters. I'm a riffle shuffler.

I liked the book, but I gifted both the deck and the book to a friend looking to learn Lenormand. She seems happy with the deck.

willowy

"ENCHANTED":

Not a Lenormand deck I would choose to work with!. I would not likely recommend it to anyone.

Although the images are not busy they are on the small side dead set in the middle of each card. As some are on the "dark side" and "dull" in appearance like the "Fox", "Scythe", "Tower", "House" at first they are hard to make out even with glasses on. The color tones are the same as the vine border.

Two cards that I had to look at the numbers to know what they were - were: "36" and "20". The images are not that great at all. If a beginner has no idea that 20 = Garden/Park or 36 = Cross it would truly be lost to them.

The other problem I had was with the numbers themselves as they are difficult to see and not easy to make out unless you have perfect vision perhaps.

I agree with you on Enchanted,hardly use mine I didn't like the changes particularly the cross,just cos I'm pagan doesn't mean I can't work with its traditonal symbolism,and main images are swamped by the border.I love Gilded reverie,that deck and Rana George's essential lenormand book-all you really need.