The Leafy Spell Spread

Ais

I've gotten so many ideas from this forum that I felt I had to give something back! This spread is for people who are deciding whether to cast a particular spell or not and has come in handy for me. It's the only spread I've ever created, so constructive criticism is warmly welcomed!

******6****
****4***5**
***2*****3*
******1****

1. The state of mind propelling you to cast the spell
2. How performing the spell will affect you
3. How performing the spell will affect the other person/people involved
4. Warnings/unexpected side effects
5. Advice
6. Outcome

The reason I called it "The Leafy Spell Spread" is because you can use clarification cards, or any additional questions you have, around the main body of the tree, like leaves.

Also, I added card 2 (how it will affect other people) because the particular spell I was casting affected someone else. Obviously this can be reworked to your own needs.

Stormdancer

I REALLY like this, although i don't actually "cast spells". Maybe it's just the tree-shape. I also like the positional meanings...maybe as they relate to my thought/prayer processes.

I've saved it ( with appropriate acknowledgement...LOL) and when I use it, i'll let you know

Stormdancer

Ais

I'm glad you liked it :) The actual positioning of the questions on the tree works quite well I think, I like the symettry of it! The way it's designed means it can easily be used for any other questions or issues.

I hope it comes in handy!

Lilija

Wow, lots to see in the Tarot Spreads section tonight. What a wonderful idea for a spread. This is one of those "why didn't I think of that" kind of spreads. It's situational, but I'll let you know how it comes out, when I use it. I love the shape, it's really appealing.

littlestar

So interesting!

I love this spread. Going to try it out now.

Ais

The responses are even better than I could have hoped!

Littlestar, let me know how it works out for you :)

littlestar

Ais said:
The responses are even better than I could have hoped!

Littlestar, let me know how it works out for you :)

Will PM you results in a sec :)

Dolphin_Dreamer

This doesn't have to be used for just spells, it can be used to investigate actions done, will do etc... I also think it could answer when people assume and say "This has nothing to do with you" (3 &4 and in that case you might add a 3b and/or 4b)?

Ais

I was thinking that myself actually, it would be great for deciding whether to take a particular course of action. I only geared it towards spell working because that was what was on my mind at the time.

The design is such that 3b and 4b could be added easily around the main body for any additional questions you have, or any clarification cards you need.

Here's an example of how it could be reworked for other things:

1. The state of mind propelling you to take this course of action
2. How taking this course of action will affect you
3. How it will affect the other person/people involved
4. Warnings/unexpected results of the action taken
5. Advice
6. Outcome

Lilija

The situation arrived, and I am totally using this one tonight.