Having Fun with Essential Oils!

greatdane

OH PLS DO, Nights0ng!

I know peppermint is really strong. I haven't used it on my skin full strength, but nothing freshens a room as fast as a few drops. I have sprinkled it full strength, MINIMAL drops, before. I do use a mix of some essential oils as a perfume. Doesn't burn or anything and it IS essential oils with no carrier. Holds the scent better this way for me.

Would love recipes you care to share, Nights0ng!

N1ghts0ng

hmmm...ok the book i had some recipes in seems to have grown legs and scampered off... :(

one i have in my head is one i use for room freshening and "energizing".

3-drops Bergamot
3-drops Grapefruit
3-drops Lemon (i've also substituted Tangerine also for a sweeter scent)

this mixed in approximately 6oz spritz bottle with distilled water.

a few spritzes will freshen up a room fast. a few spritzes as a "body mist", being that they're citrus scents, should help uplift and energize

The crowned one

I know this thread is old but I love essential oils. I have been working with them for quite a long time.

Today I challenged myself to work around "Petitgrain" I am very satisfied with the results. I blended: Frankincense, patchouli dark ( just 1 drop) Vetiver( again 1 drop) Cedarwood atlas and bergamot all onto the middle note of Petitgrain :) Earthy, woodsy with a slightly citrus floral teasingly coming up the back of it :)

Village Witch

I know this thread is old but I love essential oils. I have been working with them for quite a long time.

Today I challenged myself to work around "Petitgrain" I am very satisfied with the results. I blended: Frankincense, patchouli dark ( just 1 drop) Vetiver( again 1 drop) Cedarwood atlas and bergamot all onto the middle note of Petitgrain :) Earthy, woodsy with a slightly citrus floral teasingly coming up the back of it :)

And what did you use that mix for?

I love essential oils. Been using them for years. I keep a diffuser in my livingroom and run it mostly in the winter months when cold and flu season starts.

I used to have business selling essential oil products for dogs and people. I got a lot of my recipes from Kristen Leigh Bell's and Valerie Ann Worwood's books.

Onaorkal

I love to use essential oils too!

I particularly like how it's fun and easy to prepare various mixes in the diffuser :)

But I also started to look up more seriously the different topical uses.

I usually HATE lavender but surprisingly tolerate the essential oil smell very well! It's one of my favorite, it has so many different properties!

EmpyreanKnight

Attar of roses would transport you to another world. It's simply the best.

greatdane

I must check that out EmpyreanKnight! Enjoying reading all the new additions!

It is so fun to go back through this thread and read the old and new posts.

I LOVE essential oils and use them daily.

Village Witch

I LOVE essential oils and use them daily.

Me too! I even brush my teeth with them.

I used to buy my oils from Original Swiss Aromatics in California. From what I can see, it is a small store. When a new group of people took over, I started having issues with adulterated oils. I need a new supplier I can trust.

theFeeLion

I'm a huge fan of Frankincense :D I use it in the skincare products I make for myself, it's great for all skin types and even has anti-aging properties :D
I always love citrus oils for cleaning with too. I have a big bottle of mandarin that I've nearly finished :D
I'm looking at getting some black pepper and ginger to try making a warming rub for when I do deep tissue massage

DownUnderNZer

I have this thing about "dust mites" ever since I read this article about "pillows". Plus...they do make me itch.

So, I combine Cloves bud oil, Eucalyptus, Cedarwood with a dash of Lemongrass, Citronella, and a few drops of Peppermint.

Citronella smells divine on it's own as does Lemongrass.

I spray absolutely everywhere and my place smells heavenly. I have no dust mite issues as they are kept to a minimal. In addition, I do take Vitamin B and Garlic capsules as a secondary measure. Hyperallegenic things as well including my new mattress.

The oil mixture worked before I got the hyperallegenic things though.

Happy itch free ATer! :D

DND :)