Kipper Study Group

Grizabella

I've started this thread as suggested to me by danieljuk. Its purpose will be to study Kipper cards in general and share the ways those of us who are using them have been able to understand and use them.

The first thing I've started doing is making a list of each of the cards. I then make notes on the wide range of possible meanings of each card individually. For example, in the Fin de Secle Kipper by Ciro Marchetti the Judication card doesn't just mean a legal matter being resolved with the help of a "judicator", it can be something as simple as a decision made within a family.

I'm also going to use the method of study that I used for Lenormand by studying card combinations. I'll use a Grand Tableaux as well for some readings.

Grizabella

First off, the first two cards of the deck (I'm using Ciro's Kipper right now) are called "Main Male" and "Main Female". These two cards are pretty self-explanatory so I'll start with card 3. It's called "Marriage".

In the little book that comes with this deck, there are many meanings for this card that I wouldn't have thought of. There are also a couple of card combinations mentioned, but I'm going to refrain from giving those because it wouldn't be fair to Ciro---those need to be his meanings and combinations and to get them, buy his Kipper. You'll be thrilled that you did. :) :thumbsup:

Anyway, some thoughts of mine are similar to his but I thought of them before reading the little book, so we have them in common. At this point I've only had time to just skim the book anyway. But on with the study---

The Marriage card can mean any kind of union of people, ideas, personalities, or collaborations as well as actual marriage. The cards surrounding the Marriage card will reveal whether this is a positive union or one with problems. A marriage is a legal contract, so there are spreads where surrounding cards will be indicating that what you're considering or are involved in is positive and healthy or not.

I also have the Mystiches Kipper so I'll follow along with that one if there are differences between the two decks. Cards 1 and 2 in that deck are titled "Main Person" and "Main Person" rather than indicating gender like Ciro's deck, so that's a small difference in the two decks.

Card 3 in the MK is titled "Marriage Card" which is not much of a difference really.

My reason for comparing the titles of the cards in both decks is so that differences can be noted. Ciro's Kipper has some slightly different titles for some of the cards plus he's added 3 extra cards to the Fin de Sicle and I think comparison will be good.

I hope others will chime in here. Feel free to comment and add your insights. :)

AnemoneRosie

I'm currently following along, and don't think that I have much to add (yet).

However, I like that the MK recognizes non-binary folks :) It's why I use this deck to read for myself.
I use Ciro's to read for others where I might not want to get into queer theory.

I also see Marriage as being a way of joining, such as bringing a new pet home, for example.

Sar

I am fascinated by card #21, Living room.

Grizabella

I'm currently following along, and don't think that I have much to add (yet).

However, I like that the MK recognizes non-binary folks :) It's why I use this deck to read for myself.
I use Ciro's to read for others where I might not want to get into queer theory.

I also see Marriage as being a way of joining, such as bringing a new pet home, for example.

I agree that it could mean those things, too. Anyone or anything that you could make a commitment to. :)

I am fascinated by card #21, Living room.

I'm intrigued by that card, too. Of course it could be the answer to where something will happen or did happen, but it would also derive its meaning by the surrounding cards influencing it so that its meaning would change to something different.

The Fin de Seicle calls this card "Family Room" rather than living room, but I think the meaning would be pretty much the same as living room. The meaning is any personal space where you can go to be private, including motel rooms. It's somewhere that you can be with family and close friends in private, without intrusion by others who aren't so close to you.

Sar

I agree that it could mean those things, too. Anyone or anything that you could make a commitment to. :)

I'm intrigued by that card, too. Of course it could be the answer to where something will happen or did happen, but it would also derive its meaning by the surrounding cards influencing it so that its meaning would change to something different.

The Fin de Seicle calls this card "Family Room" rather than living room, but I think the meaning would be pretty much the same as living room. The meaning is any personal space where you can go to be private, including motel rooms. It's somewhere that you can be with family and close friends in private, without intrusion by others who aren't so close to you.

So when I am reading for myself using the kipper cards, I use the 21 Romany Spread. Everything left for this card is past and what is right of it, is future. Gives very interesting readings.

Grizabella

That's good to know. :) I'll use this spread and see how it works for me. It sounds like it could be very interesting. I hadn't heard of that spread before. I see that the Mystical Kipper shows a GT type of spread in the little booklet and then Ciro has 2 spreads in his booklet for the Fin de Seicle so that's all I've used. Sometimes I've drawn 5 cards, making the center card the issue and the two cards on each side being past and present.

zhadee

romany spread

hi Griz, I found this one on the forum :)

the Romany Spread

15..16...17...18...19...20....21​
first row: past
second row: present
third row: future

1st column: emotional aspects
2nd column: relationships
3rd column: career
4th column: finance
5th column: spiritual matters
6th column: obstacles
7th column: health

Sar

hi Griz, I found this one on the forum :)

the Romany Spread

15..16...17...18...19...20....21​
first row: past
second row: present
third row: future

1st column: emotional aspects
2nd column: relationships
3rd column: career
4th column: finance
5th column: spiritual matters
6th column: obstacles
7th column: health

Yes, it is this one.

Grizabella

I thought that one was for Tarot. I've used it before for Tarot but not with any other kind of cards.