Do you grow your own Herbs?

celticnoodle

we call them grape tomatoes. is this the same thing? they are very tasty! :D

we don't grow them ourselves though, should've! we love them when we grill meats and veggies and in salads.

canid

celticnoodle said:
we call them grape tomatoes. is this the same thing? they are very tasty! :D

we don't grow them ourselves though, should've! we love them when we grill meats and veggies and in salads.

I'm not sure. I've heard of grape tomatoes but I thought they were the ones the size of, erm, grapes.

celticnoodle

yeah, they are the size of grapes, and that sort of looked like the pic DB provided.

celticnoodle

canid said:
I brought my green pepper in last winter, for the 1st time! I had li'l peppers all winter...
OMG! Really? in Ohio! you had your green pepper plant (I'm guessing the full size green pepper, not another version) in the house over the winter and still got peppers??!! WOO HOO!

what all did you do for them to keep them going? I would LOVE to do this with my green pepper plant, as I love green peppers. also, we bought some hot chili peppers too, that would be beautiful inside, if I could do so.

canid

celticnoodle said:
OMG! Really? in Ohio! you had your green pepper plant (I'm guessing the full size green pepper, not another version) in the house over the winter and still got peppers??!! WOO HOO!

what all did you do for them to keep them going? I would LOVE to do this with my green pepper plant, as I love green peppers. also, we bought some hot chili peppers too, that would be beautiful inside, if I could do so.

My experiment worked, yes! I have an east facing patio window in the dining room - I just watered it like a houseplant. It flowered all winter & got little peppers - the plant itself got over 4 ft tall, & now that it's outside again it's covered with peppers because it had a head start. Unfortunately, Wilson (the puppy) kept stealing the peppers all winter & I was too lazy to find something high enough to set it on. But it survived. Thrived, actually. I may try some indoor peas this winter also. Theoretically, it should work because they don't like super hot sunny days.