Gilded Tarot - non-round Pentacles

lunakasha

tmgrl2 said:
In fact, another thread could just study that symbol which so reminds me of a minor Tarot de Marseille card, except thiis one if you look closely, has all of the key numbers within it...the center could be 1..then the two floral patterns (one growing from the two, top and bottom) ...the four around outer circle...then the fives within...or the three flowers plus the two purple stones on either side of the card, R&L....so when I see the Pentagram in the Pents....I see Ciro's whole image on back of cards and it calls up anall-within-one concept. Blues (spiritual, communication, timelessness) gold (divine, intellect, universal wisdom) red: passion, material plane, temporal powers...

I agree terri....the backs of these cards are so intricate....they definitely warrant a closer look, and a thread of their own....

I am wondering if Ciro would mind if I posted a pic of one of the pentacle cards here, as an attachment???? Only because it takes some time to download the webpage....just a thought??? :p

:D Luna

cirom

Reference of Pentacle

cirom

Pentacle from the Queen

lunakasha

EXCELLENT!!!!

Thanks Ciro!!!!

:D Luna

OakDragon

:eek:

I didn't notice the Queen had a different pentacle!

cirom

So does the Knight.

CreativeFire

Excellent thread! I usually like seeing the actual pentacle on the cards, however I can "see" the star within the pentagon shape. I also had not noticed the difference between the Knight and Queens pentacles to the others either until I read through this thread.

I like Lee's thoughts on this:

"Interestingly, the Page bears the same pentacle-object, but for the Knight, it's missing the central green pentagon, which could perhaps show that the Knight is an extremist who focuses on the outer forms of things. Then, the Queen's pentacle-object is exactly the green center which is missing on the Knight, which shows that the Queen grasps the essentials.

Then on the King, again as Thea Lynx has pointed out, the five-pointed star which has been suggested throughout the suit finally makes its appearance in all its glory."

The Queen's pentacle also makes me think of the "heart" of the essence of the suit, which makes sense for me for the Queens. Also I noticed that the King's sceptre has on top of it the same pentacle as the Queen.

When I first looked at the pentagon shapes, my immediate thought was that they are upside down when you picture the star inside the shape. But now that I have looked at the King of Pentacles impressive throne in more detail, I now see the star "around" the pentagon and it is the right way up! - if that makes any sense to anyone else other than me. :)

Also noticed that the Sun pattern in the middle of the pentacles is also the decoration on the box in the 10 of Pentacles.

CreativeFire

tmgrl2

Thank you Ciro, for the allowing the pix. I missed the Queen's different pentacle!

Creative Fire, I'm not sure I see the "star"...is that the first innermost object within the pent, that I called the sun? I see more than five points...so help me out here...I may have written an incorrect description..sorry..the inner circle has fifteen blue rays...and the outer rays are not attached to a circle, the wavy lines...LOL...we really need that back of deck discussion! But we'll wait till we have disucssed our favorites here and the Pents. There is so much to look at in detail.

terri

dolphinprincess

.. there is often very little creativity given to a "pentacle"... I like the detail here.. They look elegant, almost jewel-like.. I could see myself wanting to hang one to these pentacles... ;)

As OakDragon mentioned, I also like the fact that the pentacles in the Gilded Tarot lack the pentagram symbol. That symbol can make people uncomforatable - and this is definitely a deck I'd want to use to read for as many people as possible :D

CreativeFire

tmgrl2 said:
Thank you Ciro, for the allowing the pix. I missed the Queen's different pentacle!

Creative Fire, I'm not sure I see the "star"...is that the first innermost object within the pent, that I called the sun? I see more than five points...so help me out here...I may have written an incorrect description..sorry..the inner circle has fifteen blue rays...and the outer rays are not attached to a circle, the wavy lines...LOL...we really need that back of deck discussion! But we'll wait till we have disucssed our favorites here and the Pents. There is so much to look at in detail.

terri

terri, there is nothing wrong with your description, I also think the innermost image is a sun. :)

When I say I "see" the star and I am not explaining myself very well, as I don't physically see it. It is more that I am seeing the pentagram star in my mind's eye, as you can draw one inside a pentagon by joining the points. Also the inside shape that is formed by a pentagram star is also a pentagon - so that is what I mean when I say I see it inside and around the pentagon shape. Sorry probably not explaining this well either! LOL :)

Cheers
CreativeFire