New Orleans Voodoo Tarot study group!!!

TheOld

I really love how deep and mysterious this deck is, the Pantheon of voodoo spirit is full of mystery that we can learn from :)

So who's interested in a study group for this deck ?

Come on, that will be fun ;)

Power
Omeada

catlin

Count me in, dear!

catlin

Ok, the Old, as we seem to be only 2 we can start thinking about how to proceed: shall we go on in numerical order starting from the trumps or do it with a card of the day?

TheOld

Hello catlin,
the two way have theirs advantages and disadvantages
numerical order will give us some Structures
card of the day will give us an opening from the energetical current

i think card of the day will be fun, anyway structure is not was missing here, but i can go the other way if you really prefer it..
so what's your view point ?
if we do for card of a day we'll take card each at our turn.
so would you like to start today to pick a card ?

Power
Omeada

ShekinahMoon

I'm in :) I like working with this deck every day. I've never done a study group on this website before. How does it work?

catlin

Welcome, ShekinaMoon,

Did you already have a glimpse at the other study group threads? Study group is nothing too difficult just a discussion among friends about various aspects of the cards. Each one throws in his or her 2 cents. The Old and me agreed upon each drawing a card of the day so now that you are with us, you also draw a card of the day and then we will discuss the meaning of this card, its symbols etc.

catlin

Card of the day: II Marie Laveau

Ok, my card of the day was II Marie Laveau, pretty famous person in Voodoo cult (together with Dr. John) and her supposed grave was even in our days highly visited and revered.

TheOld

hello,
welcome ShekinahMoon, i figure you'r a girl; that will make things interesting, 2 girl and a guy on this study group :)

Marie Laveau is a verry yin figures, she know how to keep secrets...
did you know that there was 2 Marie Laveau, the mother for near 80 years and after here daughter took her place for many more years, it's why many people think she had lives 200 yers or so ;-)

My card of the day is Legba La Flambeau, the 6 of Petro/Fire
A new initiated Elders (was thinking i was an old initiated lol) who play with his own creation, have fire in his hands, he don't bother with the result of his creation cause he is full in present times...
the primary attributes of his legba are success, victory, and ongoingness (would be great to allways quote the primary attributes of each cards right ?)

a verry powerfull figures that is empowering me, i feel full of energy !!!

btw take a look at my voodoo altar
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=49329&page=3&highlight=altar

Power
Omeada

ShekinahMoon

I like Marie Laveau. She is one of the ascended masters I honor (as well as Dr. John.) I have read much about her and I admire how she helped so many people in her life. Not just with her Voodoo but also with her good will. She is who I feel a priestess should be. Powerful yet helpful to those in need.

I like this card. It seems as if she is inviting you to learn your own fate. The darkness behind the cowrie shell curtain says to me that you can only know your fate once you make the decision to go inside which I equate to making the decision to learn your fate. Her standing outside says to me that she will help you but you must first make the decision. She can do nothing until you decide.

Papa Legba is one of the four deities I honor. I honor him because he represents my Hoodoo ancestors. I like Legba. I smile every time I think about him. I'm not home right now so I don't have my deck with me to look at this card. And I can't remember what this card even looks like :(

I managed to get a late start on my day and didn't have time to pull a card. So I'll use the card I pulled yesterday. I pulled the Devil card. For me that card symbolizes chaos energy. Powerful energy that has not been checked. The falling black roster always sticks out in my mind. The card reminds me to check my energy throughout the day.

The Old, yes I am female :)