Reading Tarot to Raise Money for Charity?

novavita

So, I have this idea to read tarot at new age-y/tarot-friendly businesses in order to raise money for charity. I have no idea how this works legally and I'm struggling to find information online. I imagine it varies state-to-state (and from country-to-country, for that matter), but does anyone have any insights or could point me to any resources on this topic?

CrystalSeas

Ask the charity you are raising money for.

Most states have strict laws about soliciting for charities. The charity you're planning to donate the money to will know what rules you need to follow.

AnemoneRosie

What I do is I donate a reading to a raffle or to an event that is being held.
For example, last weekend there was a raffle fundraiser for a cause that I support, and so I offered a reading as one of the prizes. I won't get paid for it, but I think that the winner paid between $30-50 for entry and the tickets.

It also provides me the opportunity to put out my business cards, so that I get paid business as well.

nisaba

So, I have this idea to read tarot at new age-y/tarot-friendly businesses in order to raise money for charity. I have no idea how this works legally and I'm struggling to find information online. I imagine it varies state-to-state (and from country-to-country, for that matter), but does anyone have any insights or could point me to any resources on this topic?

I raised money for a nursing home by simply reading Tarot on their premises during their fiund-raising weekend.

I'm sure charities-of-your-choice have fund-raising drives in your area occasionally. Sign up.

Original Destiny

I was a member of a golf club a few years ago they had a restaurant open to the public, on Sunday lunch time there was an elderly man Sat at a small table reading for charity £5 per reading, he had a sign sayin just how much he had raised which was quite a sum

EmpyreanKnight

This is a nice idea, like pay-it-forward neat. I dunno if religious charity drives would take kindly to this though. In any case many other organizations might welcome it so it's all good.