The Tarot of Vampyres - Queen of Grails

WolfyJames

I was expecting to see her close to water, especially that she is water of water. Instead she is underground surrounded by roots. She is sitting on a throne composed of something strange with swirling patterns, it has a heart at the top, on top of her head. We can see her nipples through her dress and the bottom of her body turns into roots. Before her stands an abyss, I have no idea how she got there. The snake, the animal of this suit, is there with her and she leans on it. She holding a cup in her right had that has a heart on it. She looks right at us unafraid. She seems amicable, a bit worried, about her children probably.

Attachments

• cups13200.jpg
    cups13200.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,255

Hemera

it has a heart at the top, on top of her head.
Well spotted WolfyJames! I did not notice this at first. I think it stresses the fact that she is a loving and caring Queen.

the bottom of her body turns into roots.
I always think she is maybe half water snake herself and the way she sits makes me think that her feet are actually a snake´s tail. (There is that other card of Grails where the girl is half snake. Five of Grails, I think.)
The snake next to her looks a lot like the snake in the World.

She looks right at us unafraid. She seems amicable, a bit worried, about her children probably.
I agree, she looks very nice and friendly and she is probably very warm, motherly and gentle. I don´t like the snake that much but I do like this Queen. (I don´t see her as worried actually.)