5 pentacles and the empress

cheapthrills

i just did a reading on what someone's feelings would be for someone else.
i got the 5 pentacles clarified by the empress.

from what i know of the 5 pentacles this would mean the person is maybe feeling rejected, and not getting the attention that they want. feeling neglected by the other person and shut out. it doesn't say much to me about how they feel about the other person other than that though.

so when i got the empress it made me think that the person feels the other person has the qualities of the empress. that she is nurturing, creative, loving, and desirable, etc.

so together i thought maybe these cards mean that person a does find person b desirable, loving and nurturing but feels shut out and rejected by person b.

does anyone have any further insight into what these two cards may mean together?

momentarylight

i just did a reading on what someone's feelings would be for someone else.
i got the 5 pentacles clarified by the empress.

from what i know of the 5 pentacles this would mean the person is maybe feeling rejected, and not getting the attention that they want. feeling neglected by the other person and shut out. it doesn't say much to me about how they feel about the other person other than that though.

so when i got the empress it made me think that the person feels the other person has the qualities of the empress. that she is nurturing, creative, loving, and desirable, etc.

so together i thought maybe these cards mean that person a does find person b desirable, loving and nurturing but feels shut out and rejected by person b.

does anyone have any further insight into what these two cards may mean together?

I think we probably need more information about the context of the reading :)

Are you asking for yourself or are you reading for someone else? And it would help to know the deck as well because some decks have quite different versions of these cards.

The 5 Pentacles could mean a number of things. My first thought was that person A might be prepared to go through thick and thin (anything) for and with person B.

The Empress as a clarifier would support this interpretation. However, I'd see the Empress as a natural nurturer bot neciessarily someone who has a romantic interest.

Of course, the context - the missing details - are really important and could change the interpretation.

I can see that you seem to be a new member - welcome :)

tarotcognito

Here I'm seeing the 5P as feeling one has nothing, is out in the cold, rejected, dejected. Perhaps this person puts the Empress up on a pedestal, on a throne (she's the Empress!)believing she's out of reach (like that song, "she's so high, high above me").

Maybe the Empress hasn't rejected the person so much as the person believes rejection by the Empress is a foregone conclusion, thus why bother trying, I have nothing to offer the Empress, she's too good for someone like me, etc. "Down and out" kind of thinking that would fit the 5P.

Just some thoughts thrown out there.

ETA: above interpretation based on RWS imagery.

cheapthrills

I think we probably need more information about the context of the reading :)

Are you asking for yourself or are you reading for someone else? And it would help to know the deck as well because some decks have quite different versions of these cards.

The 5 Pentacles could mean a number of things. My first thought was that person A might be prepared to go through thick and thin (anything) for and with person B.

The Empress as a clarifier would support this interpretation. However, I'd see the Empress as a natural nurturer bot neciessarily someone who has a romantic interest.

Of course, the context - the missing details - are really important and could change the interpretation.

I can see that you seem to be a new member - welcome :)

im asking for myself.. its the rider-waite deck. and its in regards to what was a friendship, then was a romantic relationship that didn't work out.. and just after some things i saw/heard from him recently, thought i would try clarifying what his feelings were at this point.

to be honest i may have posted this in the wrong section.. this was the outcome of a three card reading, but this was the only part i felt i needed clarification on.

i never would have thought 5 pentacles meaning that.. that has thus far not been my experience with this person.

thank you both so much!