Physical appearance of tarot??

Rhinestones

Hello! How would you interprate cards based on appearance? I've read alot of people saying not to look for physical appearances in tarot, but I've had people ask "what will this person look like?" So I gave it a shot:
A man asked what his wife would look like:
The star: light blonde (Marilyn Monroe kind of hair) likes to be naked, pointy nose, oval face

He said his ex had a Marilyn Monroe kind of hair.
Do you think I did a good description for this?

Others were:
Sun: flamboyant, dramatic looking, has a "movie star" look
Page of pentacles: dark hair, dark eyes, tall, very studious looking
Any thoughts?

nisaba

Tarot cards are much better at telling you about personality-characteristics, someone's inner nature, than about appearance. Appearance is like names or bank account numbers, just a way of easily recognising people. It's not about *who* they are. Whilst Tarot always wants to tell you WHO they are, not how they are labelled.

willowfox

***Tarot cards can give anything from a basic description to a fairly good one.

Rhinestones

Thank you for your input guys! I try to use a mixture of both, it's somehow worked for me strangely!

BeyondtheVeil

Rhinestones

I think you did a GREAT job! :thumbsup: I definitely know that Tarot cards can give some very detailed descriptions of "how" a person will look. Sometimes they may not be immediately clear. {I just recently had a "DUH" moment :laugh:}, but they are definitely there. I know that the most recent description {The Moon} was very accurate and it really amazed me. I was VERY impressed. I hadn't done any not being court cards, so that could be why I was so amazed. lol :)

I think the people that don't see them are usually the ones that don't want to see them. I don't think there is anything wrong with that unless they are telling others not to do that. Then I'm like... It is very clear on descriptions. :D

I think intuition is also a big part of it. I have some issues that are luckily changing, so hopefully I can rely more on that in the future. :)

Keep up the great work, sweetie!! *HUGS*

Brightest Blessings,
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

nisaba

Tarot cards are much better at telling you about personality-characteristics, someone's inner nature, than about appearance. Appearance is like names or bank account numbers, just a way of easily recognising people. It's not about *who* they are.

Great point, nisaba! :thumbsup: I know that Tarot cards can give descriptions of how someone will look, but you also want to look at "who" the person is. Tarot can give all kinds of info if you are open to it.

I needed to know the description of a person as The Moon and it was really amazing at how accurate it was. Of course, I also did their personality and job which really helped narrow it further for me. I needed the description of their looks though to know who it was from more than one person. lol

Tarot is such a great help! :)

Brightest Blessings! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

Rhinestones

Thank you!! I feel like I've been doing alot better now that ive been browsing this website :)

BeyondtheVeil

Thank you!! I feel like I've been doing alot better now that ive been browsing this website :)

This site, and most of the people on it, are amazing and very helpful. I learned a lot here. I'm still learning a lot. :D I learned the most when I did the Reading Exchanges on the Reading Exchange Boards. I hope that you've had time to join in on some of those and/or started your own reading exchange thread.

Keep up the great work and don't forget to have fun!! :)

Brightest Blessings! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

starrystarrynight

I agree with Nisaba on this one. Because think about it:

Using the Rider Waite, what card could you draw to describe the physical attributes of, say, an Asian man or an Ethiopian woman? Nothing in there would match. (Same with an Egyptian deck trying to describe a Swedish person or the like. You know?)

Rhinestones

I see your point.
But I wouldn't go TOO in depth.
For example for the star, the first thing that jumped at me was the hair. Blonde? She is full of hope and optimism.
I wouldn't go all way saying "she is African American with a bit of Portuguese" you know what I mean?