Marrow Tarot (Working Title.)

Pixiedustmite

Hey All!

I started working on a Tarot deck about a year ago and it is a very SLOW processes because I am painting each and every one on a 16x24 " canvas! I have about three done so far and they are just the Major Arcana. I am trying to incorporate bones into every card so it has an underlying theme which is WAY harder than expected.

I have a link where I have pics of the ones I have done:

http://pixiemystiques.blogspot.com/p/side.html

Just thought I'd share :)

Everyone is so inspiring on here! Awesome to see everyone else's work too!

Keep it up! <3

RiverRunsDeep

I like the style of your artwork, and I love, love love that Moon card. Can't wait to see more!

Darytessekhmet

I like it! I can't wait to see your progress. I'd buy your deck. :)

dejahealed

Wooooow!

Hi Pixie

I'm thinking about creating a deck of my own hand as well. It was the death card in one of my own readings and my reflection upon it that sprouted the idea.

Checked out your three cards on your blogs.

Let me say just this: WOW WOW WOW !!!

Amazing!

Your world card is just out of this world, I really like how you did that one. The fossils is so cool! Wish I had thought if that lol

Personally I am super sensitive for dark and darkness, your other two samples therefore appeal less to me. But that is completely because of my fragile state of being, having to much shadow work to do on myself right now. Art- wise they are great.

Keep up the good work!

How are the bones and name (Marrow deck) are to be interpreted?

What is the angle of this deck?

Love and light

Steven

Edward Tarot Hands

your World card looks pretty dark with the skeletal black trees and the whale... what image and/or symbolism are you trying to portray? Is it something to do with the way the nature is being generally destroyed by us humans?

bonebeach

LOVE that World card, and I was hoping it would be bones from the title. Please keep working on this!

Pixiedustmite

Thanks!

Thank you so much for the feedback lovelies!

The deck will be on the darker side but it's is only to show the contrast of light and dark and the balance in the deck. For example: the world card shows how the darkness in the world can be balanced by beauty. Within dark- there is light. My world card attempts to depict all elements. I also try and stick with the bone vibe theme because I feel I want my deck to work in finding the truth within as well as without. I hope to paint powerful images that evoke an emotional response in order to connect easily to my deck and I chose bones so that all human beings can relate. I hope this helps!

Thank you again!
Much love! Xox

Pixiedustmite

Thanks!

Thank you so much for the feedback lovelies!

The deck will be on the darker side but it's is only to show the contrast of light and dark and the balance in the deck. For example: the world card shows how the darkness in the world can be balanced by beauty. Within dark- there is light. My world card attempts to depict all elements. I also try and stick with the bone vibe theme because I feel I want my deck to work in finding the truth within as well as without. I hope to paint powerful images that evoke an emotional response in order to connect easily to my deck and I chose bones so that all human beings can relate. I hope this helps!

Thank you again!
Much love! Xox

RiverRunsDeep

I was so happy to see your post. :love:

I am thrilled with the idea of a darker deck that shows the balance of light and dark. And I love the bone theme. Bone imagery is so primal, visceral, and honest. Thanks for the update!