Book of Law Study Group 1.4

cardlady22

I think this word 'number' may not be referring to the symbols we use to count quantities. My dictionary has an interesting entry nestled among all the mathematical descriptions:
*a person or thing singled out*

"There is no difference" would seem to emphasize that take on meaning. It's not comparing and finding that one is more or less. But, what about the dictionary entries referring to
*a dispute; a differing in opinion*

What opinion do we have about our self that is against how the HGA (or whatever you choose to call it) knows/remembers us?

Grigori

cardlady22 said:
I think this word 'number' may not be referring to the symbols we use to count quantities. My dictionary has an interesting entry nestled among all the mathematical descriptions:
*a person or thing singled out*

Yes I like that. We are back to talking about each of us being one of a number of stars perhaps, and that there is no difference between us because we are all really a little bit of the same divinity.

*a dispute; a differing in opinion*

And that there can be no dispute between us if we can see that we are all part of the same. Disputes come from our illusion of being seperate, which is false. Also there can be no dispute between us and "the infinite", because we are the same as that also. Or you could paraphrase that line "every number is infinite" into "every person is god".

The other thing I think of when reading the word number is gematria. Which is really much the same idea as yours cardlady, in a different skin. When we reduce anything to numbers, you can find that everything is connected and a part of everything else. So the division between things disappears in that way also. All the numbers adding up to make infinity :)

Always Wondering

Led Zeppelin said:
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.

I'm not being flippant. This song always comes to mind when I read this line. I know, I am so old. :|

We are one and one is all. That's what I think it means.
Oh well, Similia, you beat me to it.

AW

Umbrae

Umbrae said:
Had = the point

Nuit = everything that encompasses every point

Nuit consumes and births all simultaneously

One can see quantum physics here.

Every number is infinite ; there is no difference

The point is encompassed by the whole - the point contains the whole.

The singularity contains all possibilities.

“Each one of us has thus an universe of his own, but it is the same universe for each one as soon as it includes all possible experience. This implies the extension of consciousness to include all other consciousness.”

This goes way beyond a dippy version of all is one and one is all (which is passive).

In order for this line to be correct…one has to not get hung up – the concept is revisited at length (verses 20-30).

This is a very active statement.

Aeon418

Infinity -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5, Infinity.

Looking at this number series, normal common sense tells us that the 0 is the centre point. The negative integers increase to infinity on the left. And the positive integers increase to infinity on the right. But if this is an infinite series, what makes us think 0 is so special? In actual fact you could pick any number you like and it instantly becomes the centre of an infinite series in both directions.

We all know that the number 3 is not the number 4. But each one is just as good as the other in an infinite series. Both of them could equally be considered the centre point with infinity on either side. The same applies to any other number. It doesn't matter which one you choose. They are all as good as the others.

Now apply the same process to a point in space. An infinite circle expands around any point you pick. Choose another point, separate in space from the first point. Suddenly infinity expands around it in all directions. But if both points are the centre of infinity, which is the true centre? They both are.

Take that and apply it to your own point of consciousness. An infinite circle of awareness expands out from you in all directions. You've suddenly become the centre of the universe. Don't you feel special. :D But the same is true of everyone else.
This is a great and holy mystery. Although each star has its own number, each number is equal and supreme. Every man and every woman is not only a part of God, but the Ultimate God. "The Centre is everywhere and the circumference nowhere". The old definition of God takes new meaning for us. Each one of us is the One God.

Always Wondering

Oh, I don't know. I am new to all this. I have studied as serioulsy as I can for over six months. But I find a hippy, dippy, joyousness in these verses and our study of them. All this talk about stars and souls and daemons and the cosmos is a bit heady.
Every number is infinite ; there is no difference
I take a moment on occasion to just let this sink in, I often find a giddy relief to it.
I mean no disrepect or laziness.

Okay, I had my little outburst.

Umbrae said:

In order for this line to be correct…one has to not get hung up – the concept is revisited at length (verses 20-30).

This is a very active statement.

Hung up on ego?
Emotion? :| :laugh:

AW

Aeon418

This verse (along with later verses) also reminds me about the mistake of making value judgements according to arbitrary standards.

Is the number 3 inferior to the number 7? What an odd question. The number 3 is a unique thing in itself. To try and compare it's worth with the worth of another number is bizarre. And yet this is exactly what people do to each other all the time.

Why do we value movie stars more than farmers? Or celebrities more than nurses? Why do so many people wish they were like someone else?

If a person's Will manifests in such a way that they are a movie star or a farmer, then there is no difference between them. To value one Will over another is a mistake.

ravenest

Expansion

We can look at the Sun and say. "There it is up there." That is what we 'see.' But as we know we live in the Suns radiation field, we are bathed in the Solar wind (with protection from our magnetic field) and the Sun's gravity effects us. So where does the Sun 'end', obviously beyond the ball of gas we see. One could even say the Whole solar system is part of the Sun and the planets, masses orbiting inside the sun.

The same with us, where do we end and begin.

beyond the surface we are all connected. We are all one, although individual - all the cells of our body are individuals, yet they make up ... 'us.'

We are all each other and live outside and inside of each other at the same time.

Every number is infinate ... there is no difference between any 'one thing' and every 'other thing' .... just perceptions. But that, at times, can be a very handy perception.