The Good Tarot by Colette Baron-Reid

Luna's Crone

I only have two of her oracles, enchanted map and wisdom of the oracle. I love them. I'm keen to give this tarot deck a go. I'm actually trying to really cut down on my number of tarot decks, but I think a positive one could be a real asset, especially if a querent or myself is feeling fragile.

they are positive when they need to be. dark when they need to be. so there are very few really dark tarots out there that I have see.

Paulina can be pretty darn dark.

Luna's Crone

Looking at her photo shots, she strikes me as someone who wouldn't make a foufou tarot. For those of you who do not know what foufou means: le fou french for fool. so foufou is all prissy and fluffy and passes rose petals for flactulence (farts)

FLizarraga

she has four oracles????? crap that means there are two more i have to buy. i love her oracles. oh i know the other two. does anyone have avalon and do they like it. I am not a god/goddess person, i am what seems to others to be a dreaded scientific pantheist. But i kinda like the msg in that one. they are sooo different from the others. My friend has my map book. The book didn't appeal to me. it gave me homework....ugh

There is a new one, Wisdom of the Oracle. I can't vouch for it, as I haven't used it yet, though I do have it. Haven't read the book, either --and as for homework, you can do what I usually do, which is ignoring it... })

Looking at her photo shots, she strikes me as someone who wouldn't make a foufou tarot. For those of you who do not know what foufou means: le fou french for fool. so foufou is all prissy and fluffy and passes rose petals for flactulence (farts)

I don't see her as too foofoo, fluffy or saccharine, either. Though her pictures tend to be posed and Photoshopped within an inch of her life; she doesn't look half as good in her videos, among other things because she has abused Botox and fillers as many people tend to do. I only mention it because it can be a little distracting sometimes to watch her and see how some parts of her face move in odd ways and some others don't move at all. OK, I should shut up now.

Padma

ah...um...I am French, and the term is frou-frou. But you made an interesting adaptation in relation to the Fool card ;)

Luna's Crone

There is a new one, Wisdom of the Oracle. I can't vouch for it, as I haven't used it yet, though I do have it. Haven't read the book, either --and as for homework, you can do what I usually do, which is ignoring it... })

i don't just ignore it, i lend it out for prolong periods of time. ;-) I have that one and maps. I love them both, even wisdom more!
I don't see her as too foofoo, fluffy or saccharine, either. Though her pictures tend to be posed and Photoshopped within an inch of her life; she doesn't look half as good in her videos, among other things because she has abused Botox and fillers as many people tend to do. I only mention it because it can be a little distracting sometimes to watch her and see how some parts of her face move in odd ways and some others don't move at all. OK, I should shut up now.

even tho i want one of those little lifestyle lifts. ;-) botox has to be the worse, it can mask way to much facial content and for me my first thought is always "oh she has parkinson's" anxious, mom, nurse. its true, it throws you off and give the wrong impression, like maybe without the botox, she would have a face of a foufou tarot maker LOL

Luna's Crone

ah...um...I am French, and the term is frou-frou. But you made an interesting adaptation in relation to the Fool card ;)

when i was young, i remember there used to be an r. but as i got older, it disappeared. and i thought the le fou was apropos :p

now a days, it usually seems to be applied to dressed up pets.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Please discuss oracles over in the Oracles forum.

G6

Lol!

May just be me but does anyone get a bit of déjà vu with the the title "The Good Tarot" ? Gives me a DV vibe similar to her description of her angel tarot being "gentle". Awaiting "No bad cards used here!" etc...

"A crucial difference from traditional decks is that the cards’ messages are all written as affirmations in the present tense, rather than forecasts, instructions, or warnings. Instead of being told what to do, those who use the cards can integrate their energy immediately and personally." Oh boy...

I don't mean to be critical but it's hard to wash the bad taste I get when I see oracle deck creators that focus on love and light move to the world of tarot and try to take their unbalanced philosophies with them. I'm all for love and light, I have plenty of both DV and Colette's decks, but tarot has structure and crucial cards that don't need to be sugar coated with positive affirmations.

I'll wait to see more of the artwork and those affirmations before I decide to purchase :)

I have her Oracle of the Wisdom in an effort to dabble in the Oracle sphere. It's a different experience and a far less personal one for me with the affirmationy type oracles. I really feel like you need to try out a deck to know if it's a go or a no, but I'm not excited about the idea of turning the tarot into an afformationy type oracle deck.

FLizarraga

Please discuss oracles over in the Oracles forum.

Rodney, I know you're doing your job as usual, and doing it well, but in this particular case there is no way we can have this discussion without mentioning a different divination medium. If we have it in the Oracles forum, we'll be talking about an incoming Tarot deck, which is the big news in this case; and, if we have it here, we have no choice but to mention CBR's oracles, since they are all we have to go from. You know what I mean?

In other words, this is sort of the exception that proves the rule.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Rodney, I know you're doing your job as usual, and doing it well, but in this particular case there is no way we can have this discussion without mentioning a different divination medium. If we have it in the Oracles forum, we'll be talking about an incoming Tarot deck, which is the big news in this case; and, if we have it here, we have no choice but to mention CBR's oracles, since they are all we have to go from. You know what I mean?

In other words, this is sort of the exception that proves the rule.
Mentioning the author's slant in her oracles and how that could affect her tarot is one thing. Linking to her oracles as you have done or discussing them without directly tying them into the tarot deck should be done in the Oracles section.