Does Anyone Use Tarot to Interpret Dreams?

SuitofSwords

Okay I was NOT sure where to put this thread. I didn't know if it would go in the Divination or Tarot, but I guessed since I'm actively seeking a tarot spread to figure out a dream it should go here. Direct me elsewhere if I'm wrong, please I don't mind.

Anyways! Title is pretty clear but I'll give you some background. I had this idea because recently I've been going through old journals and came across an entry I always think about from time to time. It's about a very emotionally/somewhat visually vivid dream I had in High School. It was about a guy, whose face I didn't see but picked out specific features, and throughout the entire dream had this sense of just love, and satisfaction. The dream wasn't sexual in any manner, it was simply a love of being in each others presence. I can still feel it to this day some seven eight years later, JESUS that's a long time...sorry zoned out. Anyway! You can imagine my train of thought, and how it ended up with an idea for a spread to help divinate/divine, not sure on the spelling, dreams. I'm not sure if I actually want to do one on that dream I had, I'm afraid of the results, but it'd be fun for future dreams!

Again, if this needs to be put somewhere else. By all means, shove it in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

SuitofSwords

Okay I was NOT sure where to put this thread. I didn't know if it would go in the Divination or Tarot, but I guessed since I'm actively seeking a tarot spread to figure out a dream it should go here. Direct me elsewhere if I'm wrong, please I don't mind.

Anyways! Title is pretty clear but I'll give you some background. I had this idea because recently I've been going through old journals and came across an entry I always think about from time to time. It's about a very emotionally/somewhat visually vivid dream I had in High School. It was about a guy, whose face I didn't see but picked out specific features, and throughout the entire dream had this sense of just love, and satisfaction. The dream wasn't sexual in any manner, it was simply a love of being in each others presence. I can still feel it to this day some seven eight years later, JESUS that's a long time...sorry zoned out. Anyway! You can imagine my train of thought, and how it ended up with an idea for a spread to help divinate/divine, not sure on the spelling, dreams. I'm not sure if I actually want to do one on that dream I had, I'm afraid of the results, but it'd be fun for future dreams!

Again, if this needs to be put somewhere else. By all means, shove it in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

So I just saw the index and found a list of dream tarot spreads. I still want to keep my question. I'd much rather hear from people and their experiences with certain spreads or just their general opinion.

danieljuk

I'm not the amazing Hemera who is the moderator of this area but you are asking for a spread for your past dreams and I think this is exactly the right place :)

There is an index of spreads and if you look on this page here you can see all the dream ones indexed. I recommend the simple dream decoding spread, you can add more cards / positions to it if you like.

This is the page for it here....

By amaretta

1. What was it all about?
This card shows what did actually happen in the dream, what the whole story was about.

2. Why did you see it in a dream?
This card indicates the situation in your real life which could produce that dream.

3. What was that dream for?
This card contains some wisdom your unconsciousness try to tell you about the situation recognized by the card 2.

4. The practical advice.
This card tells what you must practically do to resolve the problem.

You can add more cards to each position, like 2 for each to get more info or you can add your own positions to the 4. But it's my fave dream spread for working it out!

hope you can work out those past dreams :)

ETA: we cross posted, glad you found the index! :thumbsup:

SuitofSwords

I'm not the amazing Hemera who is the moderator of this area but you are asking for a spread for your past dreams and I think this is exactly the right place :)

There is an index of spreads and if you look on this page here you can see all the dream ones indexed. I recommend the simple dream decoding spread, you can add more cards / positions to it if you like.

This is the page for it here....

By amaretta

1. What was it all about?
This card shows what did actually happen in the dream, what the whole story was about.

2. Why did you see it in a dream?
This card indicates the situation in your real life which could produce that dream.

3. What was that dream for?
This card contains some wisdom your unconsciousness try to tell you about the situation recognized by the card 2.

4. The practical advice.
This card tells what you must practically do to resolve the problem.

You can add more cards to each position, like 2 for each to get more info or you can add your own positions to the 4. But it's my fave dream spread for working it out!

hope you can work out those past dreams :)

ETA: we cross posted, glad you found the index! :thumbsup:

Thank you! I won't be doing one on any past dreams but ones in the future for sure! Have you used this or any dreams spreads before? What has been your experiance?

Hemera

I have used the following method with dreams with interesting results.
I re-tell the dream as if it was a story and I pull cards as I go along.
An example: In the dream I'm walking down a path. I pull a card for this signifying my path right now. In the dream there was a threatening figure on the left. So I pull a card for that, signifying a threat, something to be wary of or to avoid. Then I hear a woman's voice above. It's like a Goddess. So I pull a card for this, signifying divine guidance or advice. Etc. You get the idea.

I can't remember where I originally learned this. I actually think this kind of combination of a tarot reading and storytelling is probably described in several tarot books. It usually works very well with dreams, too.

bluelagune

What Hemera said is pritty much what I do. I also look at characters and ask how the see and feel about me. Etc.

On a completely opposite side or this conversation. Do you want to find him?