Horary DIY

Minderwiz

Now that I've had time to read through this, some more newbie questions?

It seems like there's this unlimited amount things you can check after you go through the basic essential and accidental dignities. So how do you figure out which ones to use? Is there like a list of the ones. For example, in the beginning you mention the Antiscia, how do you know it that's something you can check for a question? Also how do you know how important each of those things is to a question and which one of those hold more weight in a question?

Yes there's a lot of possible techniques that might be used. To keep matters under control I proceed as follows, after I have evaluated the essental and accidental dignities.

1. I check for an applying between the significators. If so this is a large testimony and if the significators have at least some dignity then the matter will work out and I don't need to go any further.

2 If there's no applying aspect then I check the antisicia. If there is a connection through antisica then the matter will work out and there's no need to go any further.

3. If there's no connection in 1 or 2 then I check for translation of light or collection of light if there is then the matter will work out

4 If none of the above then the matter is unlikely to work out.

That's a brief scheme but it is essentially what to do.

SilentBreeze said:
Also some chart questions..How do you figure out if a planet is retrograde, or about to go retrograde? How do you know if the mood is void of course on the chart? How do you know where a planet will end up or how a chart is changing over time?

Also this question may come more from reading the glossary, but it was mentioned in a reading as well. If a planet is in conjunction with the sun, in what cases is the aspect considered positive or negative?

Every software program or astro.com that produces charts marks retrograde planets as Rx. This is usually written alongside the planet and it's zodiacal degree

Knowing if the planet is about to station is a bit more difficult you can consult an online ephemeris (astro.com has one) or if you have Morinus you can check the planet's speed, as planets about to station are moving very slowly. Morinus also has a graphical ephemeris that you can use, though I don't find it wonderfully helpful.

Some programs tell you if the Moon is VOC but they don't all use the same definition. I do a visual check which I explained earlier in this thread in response to one of Ronia's questions - If the Moon is 18 degrees of the sign or less then check if there's a panet in any greater degree of that sign than the Moon, if so then the Moon is not VOC Then go through all the signs that are sextile, square, trine or in opposition to the Moon's sign and if there's a planet in any one of the in a greater degree than the Moon then the Moon is not VOC. If you don't find a planet then the Moon is VOC.

Things are a little more complicated if the Moon is in 19 degrees onwards In this case it's orb extends beyond the sign boundary, so you will have to include adjacent signs in your search. So if the Moon were at 25 degrees of a sign, it's orb will extend to 7 degrees of the next sign. If there's a planet between 0 degrees and 7 degrees of the sign then the Moon is not VOC Remember to check the other signs that are in major aspect to that degree. I'll put a full version into the glossary.

I will only bother with planetary movement if it's the Moon or if a planet is at 29 degrees and direct or 0 degrees and Retrograde In that case the planet is about to change signs and this suggests that something relating to the question is about to change. That change is not necessarily for the better, nor is it necessarily sufficient to secure, or even prevent the desired outome, unless there are several other indicators that change is coming and pointing to the same sort of change - for example a planet near a house cusp.

The conjunction with the Sun is generally undesirable because the planet is obscured, however at the moment of exact conjunction +/- 17 minutes, the planet gains strength and is a very positive situation.

Ronia

Yes, you are right on both counts. Lilly sees a mutual reception by sign as a clear indicator of a successful outcome. I don't see any reason why the same should not apply to a mutual reception by exaltation, though I would prefer to see an aspect there as well (as in Lee's horary). Below that level of dignity I would definitely want to see the aspect between the significators. I would then be very happy to predict a successful outcome.

For translation of light a faster planet must in turn aspect one significator and then go on to aspect the other, without any intervening aspects to other planets. If there is such an intervening aspect, the matter is 'prohibited' by that intervening aspect. In simple terms, if a third planet gets in the way of the Moon translating the light from significator 1 to significator 2 then then matter will not work out.

It seems to me that you have a reasonable grip of mutual reception and translation of light, simply by asking those two particular questions - don't be so pessimistic about your own skills and ability - I think you have as good a grasp as I would expect at this stage, probably better!

Тhanks for the kind words, I guess the long unemployment got the best of me. I'll try to see the positive side.

I was asking these questions because a friend of mine cast a chart on relationship for herself and it was the first chart where I saw such mutual reception - she is initially signified by the Sun, the man by Jupiter but as they didn't have any connection, I went further to check if Venus (for her) made an aspect and then I realized exalted Venus was in Pisces while Jupiter was in Taurus. And then I wondered if that was a good sign for my friend starting this relationship. Unfortunately, no other aspects (all will be intervened by other planets), so this was the only ray of light. Oh, they are also in each other's terms I just realized. Quite interesting, for me, as I have never seen it before. :)

SilentBreeze

Thanks Minderwitz for the answers. I did a reading for a friend that I will put up later. Another employment one, guess that's what's on everyone's mind.

queen_of_wands

Is this thread still going? I am excited to try this out!

Minderwiz

Yes, it is and I'm really looking to do another reading, so if you have a question you are most welcome to post it. You can either just post the question and I'll do the reading or you can have a read through the first few posts and then try casting your own chart and posting that, with your initial thoughts. As said at the beginning you can do as much or as little as you like

queen_of_wands

I would like to try both, if you'd like to do my reading and post it, then i can use my chart to see how you got there, I already have my chart at astro.com. I posted it below in case it helps.

I have a couple of questions, I guess the most important one is what will March first be like for me? I have a competition, and I'd like to know how well I am going to place? Thank you.

Planetary positionsplanet sign degree motion

Sun Virgo 27°46'53 in house 5 direct
Moon Scorpio 12°14'42 in house 6 direct
Mercury Libra 17°22'24 in house 6 retrograde
Venus Virgo 16°21'06 in house 5 direct
Mars Sagittarius 0°42'44 in house 7 direct
Jupiter Scorpio 9°38'55 in house 6 direct
Saturn Libra 21°51'08 in house 6 direct
Uranus Sagittarius 1°20'50 in house 7 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 24°20'11 in house 8 direct
Pluto Libra 25°42'45 in house 6 direct
True Node Cancer 9°47'03 end of house 2 retrograde
Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

House positions (Placidus)Ascendant Taurus 22°01'25
2nd House Gemini 18°26'03
3rd House Cancer 9°49'02
Imum Coeli Leo 1°35'45
5th House Leo 28°18'00
6th House Libra 5°29'11
Descendant Scorpio 22°01'25
8th House Sagittarius 18°26'03
9th House Capricorn 9°49'02
Medium Coeli Aquarius 1°35'45
11th House Aquarius 28°18'00
12th House Aries 5°29'11

queen_of_wands

I would like to try both, if you'd like to do my reading and post it, then i can use my chart to see how you got there, I already have my chart at astro.com. I posted it below in case it helps.

I have a couple of questions, I guess the most important one is what will March first be like for me? I have a competition, and I'd like to know how well I am going to place? Thank you.

Planetary positionsplanet sign degree motion

Sun Virgo 27°46'53 in house 5 direct
Moon Scorpio 12°14'42 in house 6 direct
Mercury Libra 17°22'24 in house 6 retrograde
Venus Virgo 16°21'06 in house 5 direct
Mars Sagittarius 0°42'44 in house 7 direct
Jupiter Scorpio 9°38'55 in house 6 direct
Saturn Libra 21°51'08 in house 6 direct
Uranus Sagittarius 1°20'50 in house 7 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 24°20'11 in house 8 direct
Pluto Libra 25°42'45 in house 6 direct
True Node Cancer 9°47'03 end of house 2 retrograde
Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

House positions (Placidus)Ascendant Taurus 22°01'25
2nd House Gemini 18°26'03
3rd House Cancer 9°49'02
Imum Coeli Leo 1°35'45
5th House Leo 28°18'00
6th House Libra 5°29'11
Descendant Scorpio 22°01'25
8th House Sagittarius 18°26'03
9th House Capricorn 9°49'02
Medium Coeli Aquarius 1°35'45
11th House Aquarius 28°18'00
12th House Aries 5°29'11

eh, I used where I was born, I suppose for the question, i have read i am supposed to use the place where I am at now.

Lee

Hi Astraea! I finally have some time to catch up on this thread, and I had a few questions about your post.
here, Saturn teeters on the brink of Scorpio - where he, too, will become peregrine.
How can I tell here that Saturn will be peregrine in Scorpio?
If we view the agency as a 7th house entity - which I am inclined to do, since the 7th concerns agents in general
Might it make a difference that the agency in my situation isn't a single person, but a company? Can the 7th house represent a company, or only individuals?

Thanks for the input Astraea, a lot of it went right over my head, but it was still enjoyable for me to try and puzzle it through, despite the gloomy outlook! :D

EDITED TO ADD: I deleted two of my questions when I read Minderwiz's subsequent post which explained them.