Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 23 - #23

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 23
Number: 23

Symbol: A WOMAN IN PASTEL COLOURS CARRYING A HEAVY AND VALUABLE VEILED LOAD.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Aries 23 is:
ARIES 22 ~ THE GATE OPENS TO THE GARDEN OF ALL FULFILLED DESIRES.

The Quest Symbol for Aries 23 is:
ARIES 24 ~ AN OPEN WINDOW AND A NET CURTAIN BLOWING INTO THE SHAPE OF A CORNUCOPIA.

The Opposite Symbol for Aries 23 is:
LIBRA 23 ~ A BEAREBACK RIDER IN A CIRCUS DISPLAYS HER DANGEROUS SKILLS.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Aries 23 are:
CANCER 23 ~ A MEETING OF A STUDY GROUP OR LITERARY SOCIETY.

LIBRA 23 ~ A BEAREBACK RIDER IN A CIRCUS DISPLAYS HER DANGEROUS SKILLS.

CAPRICORN 23 ~ A SOLDIER RECEIVING TWO AWARDS FOR BRAVERY IN BATTLE.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Aries 23 are:
CANCER 5 ~ AT A RAILROAD CROSSING, AN AUTOMOBILE IS WRECKED BY A TRAIN.

VIRGO 17 ~ A VOLCANIC ERRUPTION BRINGING DUST CLOUDS, FLOWING LAVA, EARTH RUMBLINGS.

SCORPIO 29 ~ AN INDIAN WOMAN PLEADING TO THE CHIEF FOR THE LIVES OF HER CHILDREN.

AQUARIUS 11 ~ DURING A SILENT HOUR, A MAN RECEIVES A NEW INSPIRATION WHICH MAY CHANGE HIS LIFE.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

A high priestess symbol? yea I think so too..

Dr Jones says reticence is the key word - discussing the worth of experience - follows nice from the fulfilment of desire symbol Aries 22..

Solarfire has the body part as Muscles of mastication, makes the symbol look hard doesnt it, grinding teeth with the unseen burden.. burden - load its all in the way we look at it...

In one way it tells me the person with this in their natal chart ‘hide’ be it true motives, feelings, themselves.. somehow under valuing their abilities talent and right to be here alive in this life..

I LOVE that she is in pastel colours - softness woman-ness, even if its for a man, means they FEEL!

Marina

Elven

Hi all :)

I 'feel' this Symbol! If its drawn, I notice my shoulders droop! lol!

The imagery I see for this Symbol is a woman walking very slowly, but with a light flowing (fabric), pastel rainbow colored dress on. She is middle-aged and buxom. So sometimes I guess this can be physical weight to. But in relation to that, I see that the physical 'weight' she carries as something which covers up part of her true self. She is sheltering her feelings within herself by her own form, and carrying around her walls with her (or him). This could be 'any problem' though, but something which may seem 'embarassing' or 'cant be discussed'. The person holds onto their baggage and its weight is the load, that the person bears. The value of the load is assessed by the carrier.

There a song (an old one) sung by Colleen Hewit which says "Boy, you've gotta carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time".

The Sabian Oracle Book by Lynda Hill says that 'The carrying of the 'load', may provide a convenient excuse for not participating in the present.' ... and 'To varying degrees, everybody is carrying some sort of heavy load, which they try to conceal.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Element Green Hiddenite
Discussion Hiddenite is the green variety of spodumene (type of pyroxene) used as a gem stone. This stone is best known for attracting prosperity. Among its other many attributes, it provides protection, supports emotions, relieves loss and aids in building trust. I suppose firstly the ‘hidden’ part of this elements name grabbed me with the sabian symbols, the energy and spirit of the symbol also fit.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 937

tink27

When I look at this symbol and your picture, I can this woman putting one foot ahead of the other….she’s not thinking of anything, not planning, just walking slowly and steadily toward her destination. If she did meet someone on the trail, they seem to pay no attention to her and she passes right by them. An intense person with an intense focus!

Then….I have to do this myself, she thinks, I have to get there first and find out what I have that no one else has. And getting there is the only way I will find out. Tears are streaming down her cheeks, but at the moment, she isn’t aware of them. She knows she is working hard to discover her Self, what she can do, even if it disagrees with most of her family. There are no rules to follow in this nick of the woods, right now its all about instinct and bravery! And she will either learn from them or become overwhelmed from them.

Right now, I see this symbol representing our individuality, our confidence, with the urge to meet life's challenges with a heck of a lot of courage!

tink :love:

purple_scorp

ooh, tink, sounds like a bit of a personal account. Do you have this symbol in your chart by any chance?

When I was looking for images for this symbol, I originally thought I would use a woman from a third world country, who was balancing her load on her head. But, it was difficult to find one wearing pastel colours so I chose this image instead. I believe that in doing so, it casts a totally different light on the interpretation.

That the load is supposed to be veiled, indicates a degree of mystery. Yet, mystery isn't really something that is associated with Aries. It is more likely that this woman is competitive and aggressive and takes delight in achieving that steady climb with such a cumbersome load (burden) on her back.

I don't think she is alone either. I think she is leading other walkers but we can't see them in the photo.....again, an Aries trait, wanting to be first. In fact, I reckon when she encounters others on this path, she bustles quickly past them, almost knocking them over in her quest to reach her destination. Yes, focussed is definitely an appropriate word, but not to the point of solitude. Least, that's not the impression I get. Perhaps it would be true, had she been a less aggressive sign but not with Aries. Full steam ahead!

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

purple_scorp said:
ooh, tink, sounds like a bit of a personal account. Do you have this symbol in your chart by any chance?

Hi purple_scorp,

I don't have this symbol in my chart, but your image definitely created an emotion in me. Carrying a heavy load increases our blood pressure, our breathing and tenses all our muscles.....it definitely can arouse the entire body. The forest to me, represents growth and awareness and of the day I left home, a move towards the discovery of the Self! Nature's natural colors creates an instinctive response in us all......we are all affected by color whether we like it or not......the depiction of this symbol seems to fluctuate between shyness and self-consciousness!

Pastels, as stated in this symbol, seem to express a desire for peace and security, yet your picture seems to represent a search for freedom from our possible domination, from our cares and worries.

If this symbol is meant to be introverted, your symbol simultaneoulsy floods us with extroverted courage.

tink :love:

purple_scorp

I think this woman in my picture seems to be managing her load okay though.....what do you think, tink?

with love
purple_scorp