exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

rogue

You should read a poem by Robert DeGrimston called Humanity is the Devil. I think you would appreciate that one on the same token as the bifrost pic. By the way, I just saw your Moon card and it's awesome. Excellent work, Ash. I can't believe I didn't notice you before.

sacredashes

:) Ok, this is going to sound so silly.. but I don't really study works done by other people much, except for Luis Ruyo, Boris Vellejo, Brom, Julie Bell and a few others whom I absolutely take my hats off to for their ability to capture "poignant moments" with so much intensity.

Please don't laugh but who is Geiger? Were you refering to Matthew Geiger or someone else with the same family name coz I went in the search engine and quite a few of them came up.

sacredashes

lampkin said:
I'll definitely show you my Super-Dragon, but I doubt he'll be anything even remotely like you'd expect.

**Edited to add: Like an artist friend (one of my Hierophants) once told me about my art (and I was painfully shy with my work), "Every line is where it should be. It's perfect." It dosen't matter what I expect because your Super-Dragon will turn out perfect. :)

lampkin said:
You should read a poem by Robert DeGrimston called Humanity is the Devil. I think you would appreciate that one on the same token as the bifrost pic.

This guy I found easily. Yes, I do.. and I find it very amusing in an ironic, "joke's on you" kinda way and we're happily marching on oblivious of it.

lampkin said:
By the way, I just saw your Moon card and it's awesome. Excellent work, Ash. I can't believe I didn't notice you before.

**squirming already** Thanks, lampkin. You're such a sweetheart..

Little Hare

your work is amazing! i adore the picture of the lady and her dragon, along with all your other work :D i wish we saw more decks done without colour.... congratulatinos on all the hard work you put into your pieces. they are truely wonderful!

sacredashes

hello peace-pixie, :)

Thank you.. I'm glad the pictures didn't turn you off, I was very self-conscious showing them (they's many, many years old by the way) because I was afraid of what people thought of them and of me... LOL

They're not exactly ..em.. what people like to see if you know what I mean.

Ash

Little Hare

hi sacred-ashes

yes but that is why we are good because at times don't we all need to confront the darkest aspects of ourselves? :D

sacredashes

peace_pixie said:
hi sacred-ashes

yes but that is why we are good because at times don't we all need to confront the darkest aspects of ourselves? :D

I think the journey of life is very personal and in it, we are ultimately alone in that we make our own way. I cannot speak for others but to me, I cannot help clean up someone's back yard when mine's in a mess so my pictures reflect my journey through darkness. Like my Hermit, I may not reach the destination this life time but if I took a few steps forward, it's still closer than a few steps back. I do believe however, that I will get there all in good time. :)

What still remains in my present is my choice to move forward, stay put or go back? I do have the weakness to say one thing and do the complete opposite. :D Still working on it.

sacredashes

2 of Wands

Removed on 27.12.2007

rogue

Nice work Ash, I really like your style. I can tell you have a good understanding of tarot too. What medium do you use? Earlier I was referring to HR Geiger, the artist who designed the concept for the Alien movies. You must have heard of him. I think you'd like his art.

memries

Your art certainly speaks to me ! In life we all go through very hard times and as you stated, really broken hearted. It is what you do after as you mentioned about Adam and Eve when they were kicked out of the garden. Do you lick your wounds and get up and keep going or do you bow down and become invisible. I have been both a fighter and invisible. I, also, am a seeker. So, yes your art does appeal to those things inside me now past, I hope, for nothing can return from the dead.
Keep going as hard as it may be.