Advise for a friend. Ten of Swords or five of coins?!

spookyboo22

Hi

A friend asked me what should he do, stay in the UK or go back home. Basically where would he be happiest?

I did a CC using RWS . One for staying in the UK. The final outcome was 10 of Swords

The one for going home , final outcome five of coins.

Neither cards are packed with joy . Ten of Swords is the end of a cycle, a relationship , upset and hurt feelings.

Five of coins. Illness, feeling out in the cold, lack of money or feeling under valued.

Any advice on how to give helpful advise in such situations?

Thanks guys x

Sandalwood

Hi

A friend asked me what should he do, stay in the UK or go back home. Basically where would he be happiest?

I did a CC using RWS . One for staying in the UK. The final outcome was 10 of Swords

Neither cards are packed with joy . Ten of Swords is the end of a cycle, a relationship , upset and hurt feelings.

Five of coins. Illness, feeling out in the cold, lack of money or feeling under valued.

Any advice on how to give helpful advise in such situations?

Thanks guys x

Ten of swords depicts an ending. It doesn't mean going back is easy for him, since he has to find a place to live & going to adjust again when going back (5 pents)

However, since you did a celtic cross you really can't just count on the outcome cards since the other 9 would have given the actual story.

spookyboo22

Ten of swords depicts an ending. It doesn't mean going back is easy for him, since he has to find a place to live & going to adjust again when going back (5 pents)

However, since you did a celtic cross you really can't just count on the outcome cards since the other 9 would have given the actual story.

Thanks Sandalwood!

That is helpful of you!

I didn't want to bore everyone with two CC spreads.

He's such a sweet boy and I just want the best for him x

Etene

I didn't want to bore everyone with two CC spreads.
This is Your Readings, so you are compelled to post and interpret the entire spread. And, given the outcomes you found, the other cards may be quite relevant to knowing how those result cards will apply.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

This thread has been moved from Your Readings to Using Tarot Cards since only a couple of cards are being discussed. Interpretations have been given for those cards, which is all that's needed in this forum.

spookyboo22

This thread has been moved from Your Readings to Using Tarot Cards since only a couple of cards are being discussed. Interpretations have been given for those cards, which is all that's needed in this forum.

Thank you!! X

rwcarter

Hi

Whether your friend should stay or go and where your friend would be happiest aren't necessarily the same question. He might need to do one or the other for some longer term reason that isn't currently evident that won't happen if he does what would make him happiest in the current moment.

Since the outcome is some point in the future, for what he should do the 10S for staying indicates a very unpleasant outcome - betrayal, devastation, pain, losing everything, etc while the 5C for going suggests poverty (which makes sense when talking about moving from one country to another, which isn't cheap).

While neither card is pleasant, they both have the potential for improvement in them - the 10 has the rising sun suggesting the dawning of a new day while the 5 has the windows that suggest being welcomed into the fold. Your friend probably needs to look at why he's in the UK in the first place and whether he's accomplished what he set out to do. I think that's part of the crux to understanding the choices. It would also help if your friend clarified what they were trying to get at with the question.

Rodney

Grizabella

I think either of his choices is going to bring some less than pleasant results to start with. It will cost a lot to go home, so his funds will be pretty low when he first gets home and for awhile. But the 10 of Swords indicates he might be at the end of what he can accomplish in the UK.

My suggestion would be to draw cards asking the "why" of each of those cards. Maybe your CC indicated the "why"? If not, it could be quite helpful to expand on each of the cards a little bit.

spookyboo22

Whether your friend should stay or go and where your friend would be happiest aren't necessarily the same question. He might need to do one or the other for some longer term reason that isn't currently evident that won't happen if he does what would make him happiest in the current moment.

Since the outcome is some point in the future, for what he should do the 10S for staying indicates a very unpleasant outcome - betrayal, devastation, pain, losing everything, etc while the 5C for going suggests poverty (which makes sense when talking about moving from one country to another, which isn't cheap).

While neither card is pleasant, they both have the potential for improvement in them - the 10 has the rising sun suggesting the dawning of a new day while the 5 has the windows that suggest being welcomed into the fold. Your friend probably needs to look at why he's in the UK in the first place and whether he's accomplished what he set out to do. I think that's part of the crux to understanding the choices. It would also help if your friend clarified what they were trying to get at with the question.

Rodney
Thanks Rodney! What you have said is exactly right.
Your comments will help me so much when I talk to him in a few days.
Blessings to you x

spookyboo22

I think either of his choices is going to bring some less than pleasant results to start with. It will cost a lot to go home, so his funds will be pretty low when he first gets home and for awhile. But the 10 of Swords indicates he might be at the end of what he can accomplish in the UK.

My suggestion would be to draw cards asking the "why" of each of those cards. Maybe your CC indicated the "why"? If not, it could be quite helpful to expand on each of the cards a little bit.

Thanks Griz!

Utter genius suggestion.

Bless you x