Häxa Svenska LVB, Swedish Witch Jolanda LWB

Luna's Crone

For those who want to join in, we are going to write a LWB for this deck being heavy on symbolism.

The will be a keyword, description, and symbolism post. They will be listed per card too. It should be alot of fun.

Luna's Crone

the joker keywords

we'll post the most significant keywords we each want in the list. I have started, headache and reflux.

Thanx Sulis.

Luna's Crone

I am gonna be going thru post and making a list of keywords, will include the lwb that comes with jolanda. But also check some thoth. Just got the duquette book yesterday. A year sooner than i had expected to.

I'll update here. Don't want a huge list but a list a decent size to go thru for good and accurate keywords.

please free to add or ask to remove some. If you want one removed, please explain why to help me understand the card better

Luna's Crone

been really busy working on new horse (old horse tried to drive another horse and rider over the cliff - said bye bye) also my old violin is like humidity drunk, so was using my really cheap electric (hate it) until the G string broke (sorry about mentioning G strings in mixed company) so i got a really good deal for another one plus a reproduction of an old fender amp that really works. can't wait. also, trying to clean out my house, and retrain my new horse. its another field trial. I like them but they are nuts, but i got a 5 year old and his sire was one of the top sires of 2015...so he is starting to do fine, now that he is not so nervous. field trial horses are taught onething. RUN which is great fun till you try to stop them.

but i am still working on the little white book. reading some of ducettes book to try and get a glimpse of crowely (that's all i think i want, just a glimse) so i have not given that off. can't wait till winter.

Luna's Crone

Häxa Svenska LVB (lilla vita bok)

häxa

häxa witch, hag, night hag, beldame, sorceress

trollkvinna witch, sorceress, enchantress
förtrollerska enchantress, witch
trollpacka enchantress, witch, sorceress

just some points of interest. I also found out why i was a bit puzzled at times at swedish family gatherings. My grandma spoke old swedish (laplandish?????) She was from Varmlund and my grandfather spoke the new swedish-present day swedish which started forming in the 19th century. boy that cleared that up.

also adding hopefully correct swedish translations will help or at least make it more interesting to others.

Well so far I am almost done with keywords and phrases for the joker. But some of the good words, may be bad words, for instant Folly. its good in some decks and books and bad in others. I will be perusing RWS stuff next, but won't use most of it or it will be Gi-gunda white book. (don't know how to say gi-gunda in swedish)

remember any ideas, pass them on cuz will have discussion, arguments, hissy-fits (hissy passar???) about different ideas as we progress.

Libra 58

häxa

häxa witch, hag, night hag, beldame, sorceress

trollkvinna witch, sorceress, enchantress
förtrollerska enchantress, witch
trollpacka enchantress, witch, sorceress

just some points of interest. I also found out why i was a bit puzzled at times at swedish family gatherings. My grandma spoke old swedish (laplandish?????) She was from Varmlund and my grandfather spoke the new swedish-present day swedish which started forming in the 19th century. boy that cleared that up.

also adding hopefully correct swedish translations will help or at least make it more interesting to others.

Well so far I am almost done with keywords and phrases for the joker. But some of the good words, may be bad words, for instant Folly. its good in some decks and books and bad in others. I will be perusing RWS stuff next, but won't use most of it or it will be Gi-gunda white book. (don't know how to say gi-gunda in swedish)

remember any ideas, pass them on cuz will have discussion, arguments, hissy-fits (hissy passar???) about different ideas as we progress.

If your grandmother was from Värmland she must have been speaking Värmländska. The only way she would be speaking norrländska (witch is not a language) means that she would have been from the north part of Sweden called Norrland.
Hope this helps you a little.

Luna's Crone

If your grandmother was from Värmland she must have been speaking Värmländska. The only way she would be speaking norrländska (witch is not a language) means that she would have been from the north part of Sweden called Norrland.
Hope this helps you a little.

That helps alot!!!! thank you soooo much. She was definitely from Värmland. funny how things change over the years, when you have to rely just on memory. My aunt died last year but insisted her mom's family name was something like jarnkronar (iron crown) but since i had no spelling i never could trace it..

but thank you again!

Libra 58

That helps alot!!!! thank you soooo much. She was definitely from Värmland. funny how things change over the years, when you have to rely just on memory. My aunt died last year but insisted her mom's family name was something like jarnkronar (iron crown) but since i had no spelling i never could trace it..

but thank you again!

Järnkrona sounds like a noble name. Maybe you can try at www.ancestry.com to try to find out something about your family?

Luna's Crone

Järnkrona sounds like a noble name. Maybe you can try at www.ancestry.com to try to find out something about your family?

Thank you for that spelling. I had the first one wrong all the time cuz of the ä. I have tried numerous times over the years. I sometimes transcribe for the mormons who own ancestry. I will have to check again.

My aunt insisted we where bluebloods LOL. not sure if because of the cold or the name.

But swedes are funny. you move to a new place you become that new place. Like russia, I think the Swedes where called Russ as they established trade when they sailed in from the baltice seas. And in alot of those places, people are very fair and quite northern european looking.

Luna's Crone

hopefully by wednesday, I will have the draft of key words and phrases, plus description up. The we can work on the symbolism in the description. also add or remove key words and phrases.