View Single Post
Citizen

fairybugg 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintessence
When studying several of the Native American cultures I learned about "Coyote Energy" which is an energy like the wind that tugs and pulls on the tent posts to make sure they are tight, and likes to stir things up when they get too stagnant. When schedules and regimens get too tight to allow for creativity, the coyote energy creates change. In this card, it incites the initiate through either startle or challenge to fall/step off the cliff and take a chance, to risk and test ones thoughts and nature; to find out what is really in that bag of yours.
I wanted to add that I love this post.
Something about coyotes that sticks out for me is that they are the gauges for imbalance. Because they live so close to humans they are a good barameter for when things have fallen out of balance. For instance, In Montana right now they are having a very hard time with an overpopulation of coyotes. Part of that is current practices with farming but the other part is that humans have killed off so many wolves.

With my ramble I guess I want to add that this card is also about balance. Allowing the inner mischif to comeout once in awhile but not letting it run amuck over our lives.
Top   #9